Grow your career as an Enterprise Data Governance Manager with an innovative global bank in Elk Grove Village, IL. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. May be required to work onsite 2-3 days per week. Will directly manage a team of Business Data Analysts and technical / business focused contractors to build and manage project work and to fulfill commitments related to reducing Data Management risks.
Will drive execution for key aspects of the company’s data governance policy related to defined Enterprise Data deliverables. Will ensure data quality requirements are defined and methodically works to fulfill data quality requirements. Will monitor, escalate and remediate data quality issues working with Technology functions. Will help build a deep, comprehensive, and documented understanding of key data, data processes and data flows. Will partner with business data stewards to ensure maintenance of key artifacts and drive improvements to the business’ data designs, trustworthiness and usage across the business. Will be hands-on leading the consolidation of disparate information about the business data and documenting/building a sustainable understanding of how data flows through operational and analytic platforms.
• Bachelors degree in business, Finance, Engineering or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree preferred.
• 10+ years of combined experience in banking and financial services industry, information technology and data governance. Experience includes supporting large data and data quality initiatives, aligning business processes with data, implementing technology solutions, developing, or supporting standards / policies and data-related issue management and remediation efforts.
• Experience with data management processes and tools and applications, including process mapping and lineage toolsets
• Strong knowledge of structured/unstructured databases, data modeling, data management, iterative development methodologies and data governance tools.
• Strong understanding of data governance issues, policies, regulatory requirements, and industry information affecting the business environment.
• Experience with agile scrum methodology including leading agile scrum teams to quickly deliver high-quality results.
• Experience leading initiatives within a line of business.
• Demonstrated relationship management and advisory skills with sponsors, key stakeholders, partners and team members in both Business and Technology forums.
• Good presentation skills, business and technical writing, and verbal communication skills to support decision-making and actions.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex data flow and designs. Self-motivated and able to dynamically determine priorities.
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.