Terrific REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Job Title: Enterprise Data Architect
Salary: $135,000 - $148,000 (DOE) + annual bonus and great benefits package
You will lead a global fast-growing Data Architecture and Modeling team pursuing a vision of analytics-driven mining. Your expertise in data warehouse architecture, data modeling, and ETL will enable and empower our organization to maintain a robust and trusted Enterprise Data Warehouse. You will work in close collaboration with subject matter experts, data engineers, business intelligence analysts, data scientists, and software engineers to develop advanced, highly automated data products. You will be a champion of Data Modeling, Data Cataloging, DataOps, DevOps, and agile practices; mentoring team members to realize their full potential.
- Leadership: Develop and lead a global team of Data Architects and ETL Developers to design, develop, deploy, and monitor enterprise data models and ETL pipelines. Ensure agile teams are properly staffed to deliver on time by defining clear development patterns and architectural guidelines, maintaining a roadmap for execution, and actively secure its implementation through the scrum process. Cultivate a generative culture that values customer centric continuous improvement through experimentation and self-guided learning. Act as a positive coach/mentor for broader organization to develop a stronger understanding of the data modeling and ETL design patterns that create scalable, maintainable, well-designed data warehouses.
- Architecture: Influence, develop, and sustain large-scale data warehouse architecture required for delivering a robust enterprise data model with high quality, trusted data. Establish software architecture and design patterns to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed processes. Relentlessly identify and remove friction in the data warehouse development lifecycle to improve developer experience and ensure the quality of enterprise data. Research and evaluate tools in data warehousing, ETL, automated CI/CD, data quality monitoring, and data serving.
- Agile Project Work: Work in cross-functional, geographically distributed agile teams to continuously innovate analytic solutions.
- Drives the development of data requirements through data modeling techniques and structuring working sessions. Collaborate with others then take action to express data requirements as 3rd Normal Form logical data models through review of source system documentation, review of system features and workshop sessions with business partners.
- Develop, review, and secure documentation of Data Lineage and Data Dictionaries to create a broad awareness of the enterprise data model and its applications
- Create physical databases design for the Snowflake data warehouse and other database technologies in partnership with other technical resources.
- Design, develop, and review real-time/bulk data pipelines from a variety of sources (streaming data, APIs, data warehouse, messages, images, video, etc)
- Partner with key business SMEs to build and manage the workgroup database view library by building relevant data shapes in SQL
- Actively champion and apply best practices within DataOps (Version Control, P.R. Based Development, Schema Change Control, CI/CD, Deployment Automation, Test Automation, Shift left on Security, Loosely Coupled Architectures, Monitoring, Proactive Notifications)
- Coordinate with other teams to design optimal patterns for data ingest, transformation, and egress as well as lead and coordinate data quality initiatives and troubleshooting
- Guide problem solving sessions, ensuring alignment to North Star. Provide mentorship and coaching to junior team members.
- Proactively adapt team makeup to increase project velocity and solution quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and seven (7) years of relevant work experience, including (3) years of project management/leadership experience OR
- Master’s or Ph.D. in engineering, computer science, analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant work experience, including (2) years of project management/leadership experience
- Strong verbal and written skills in English language.
- Expert knowledge of data model using IDEF1X or similar data modeling methodologies.
- Experience influencing and building mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Experience leading joint design sessions and working in groups
- Experience with data modeling tools like ER Studio or ERwin.
- Expert practitioner of SQL development
- Proficient practitioner of Python development
- Working knowledge of Software Engineering and Object Orient Programming Principles
- Working knowledge of Parallel Processing Environments such as Snowflake or Spark SQL.
- Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis on Production workloads
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Working knowledge of enterprise scheduling and workflow orchestration using tools such as Airflow, Prefect, Dagster, or similar tooling
- Working knowledge with CI/CD and automation tools like Jenkins or Azure DevOps
- Our client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws