The Principal Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for the development, implementation and/or
maintenance of the overall data architecture and necessary technical solutions on behalf of the vision
provided by Parkland Health and Hospital System. They are responsible for the overall design of this
enterprise’s data/information solutions development, which maps enterprise data architecture to
organizational needs while balancing security and performance.
In general, the Principal Enterprise Data Architect translates business needs into cross functional
technical solutions. The Principal Enterprise Data Architect should have an in-depth understanding of the
entire Parkland analytics technology platform and knowledge of other IT functions that allows him/her to
pull in other teams as necessary to solve a problem. As a subject matter expert in both the platform and
data flowing through it, they are expected to lead other Data Architects through solutions
implementations - to include governance, data modeling, and data content delivery.
The individual in this role will be expected to communicate the solutions derived to executive leadership
and externally engage other organizations with guidance, when prompted, for the data solutions derived
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business
Administration, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of data experience in any combination of the following:
• Working with data warehouses and/or big data sets
• Working with database management systems
• Implementing data models, universes and data warehouses.
• Working with IT healthcare database support.
• Developing, executing, and tuning Structured Query Language (SQL) queries
• Data visualization, dash boarding, and business intelligence development.
• SAP HANA, Oracle, MS SQL and/or Hadoop administration
• Prefer previous experience within a clinical unit of a healthcare organization.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
• Any combination of experience/education
• Preferred certification in
• Data Modeling
• Database Administration
• Epic Data Models
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
• Must have a strong data modeling background.
• Must have proven success in data warehouse design, implementation and support
• Must have proven success in Epic Clarity or equivalent EHR/EMR reporting system.
• Must have exposure to Extract Transformational Load (ETL) for a package design and creation
viewpoint (streaming and batch)
• Must have strong understanding of Structured Query Languages (SQL).
• Must be focused on delivering quality solutions to internal customers; and able to manage customer
• Must be able to serve as a customer liaison to external departments as directed.
• Must have excellent presentation and team management skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate skills in business intelligence
• Experience with Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
• May be required to have technical knowledge of client-server and web-based environments, and
comprehensive operational knowledge of healthcare systems.
• Prefer experience with “Big Data” sets and management.
• Prefer experience and understanding of leading data processing solutions, such as Hadoop.
• Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, with regard to system issues.
• Must demonstrate an understanding of patient data and the use of this data in a healthcare
environment, as applicable.
• Must be able to accept verbal and/or written problems or direction from Principle staff and business
users and demonstrate an ability to prepare specifications that reflect provided information (with
coaching from Principle personnel).
• Must have exceptional planning skills with a results-oriented record of achievement and the ability to
set goals, meet deadlines, and evaluate results particularly in regard to significant changes within an
organization and with respect to the organization’s relationship with the community or marketplace.
• Must have a high level of attention to detail, have the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and
be able to demonstrate excellent analytical, organization and prioritization skills.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with
customers, team members and IT management.
• Must be a quick learner. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to work in a team environment and have strong interpersonal skills
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills and management reporting skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent discernment and assessment in professional decision-making.
• Must be an independent worker and self-starter, having the ability to provide internal motivation and
• Must set high standards of performance for self.
1. Responsible for the overall architecture, design, development, and maintenance of the Parkland Data
Technology stack. Participates in planning, coordination, design and consolidation of data marts
2. Identifies incidents, researches causes, and recommends and/or implements solutions as needed.
Prioritizes and manages the assignment of incidents. Develops and implements emergency fixes as
required. Supports system Data Base Analysts and reporting operations in understanding and
managing the data warehouse and data models. Comfort across multiple domains of data (Clinical,
Supply Chain, Finance, HR, etc)
3. Mentors employees regarding data warehousing techniques and data modeling. Develops data
validation processes and techniques for efficient verification of data and sources. Documents each
step of system maintenance to ensure adequate communication within the team and customers.
4. Actively provides prompt responses to customer problems and proactively reached out as necessary.
Makes the customer’s experience the first priority in all operations. Resolves incidents and requests
independently within SLA timelines. Takes ownership and resolves incidents and requests with
minimal dependence on other team members.
5. Uses diplomacy to handle conflict with peers, without allowing personal feelings to influence or
impact the outcome negatively. Respects, shares and cooperates with fellow teammates and acts with
6. Models behavior for team members by following all department procedures (Weekly Status Reports,
Customer Delivery, Customer Communications, Request Creation, etc.) Has a healthy work ethic, by
taking ownership for work assigned, finding solutions, and overcoming obstacles. Is accountable, and
has a responsible attitude, works with a sense of urgency, and is relentless in the pursuit of
excellence. Takes pride in a job well done, checking for completeness and accuracy. Identifies ways to
improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor,
implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department
7. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field of medical writing by
attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, and actively participating in
professional organizations. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
8. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the
assigned department. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with
applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans.
9. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows, etc. for the Data Management
area and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that
support the overall goals of the department and Parkland. Provides guidance to external
organizations as it relates to Parkland derived data solutions.
10. Responsible for identifying opportunities to introduce disruptive technology to business or clinical
operations to improve outcomes, increase efficiency, or lower costs through analytics - ultimately
driving the direction of Parkland’s Analytics Platform. This includes the ability to convey these
opportunities both internally for adoption and externally to establish cross organizational
11. Responsible for establishing the processes and technical solutions that will drive all Data Quality and
Data Operations activity. This includes the ability to convey these solutions internally for adoption and
externally to establish cross organizational relationships.
12. Responsible for establishing the processes and technical solutions that will drive all Business
Intelligence content delivery and creation. This includes the ability to convey these solutions internally
for adoption and externally to establish cross organizational relationships.
13. Responsible for having the technical acumen to make recommendations for best practices to senior
leaders and executive stakeholders that utilize the best processes outlined above across Data Quality,
Business Intelligence, and the Technology Platform and instruct teams on their implementation.
14. Responsible for identifying framework components to set goals, measure progress and report
performance towards goals to improve the overall maturity of Parkland Analytics Program across Data
Quality, Business Intelligence, and the Technology Platform. These components will be reviewed and
guided by the Executive Data Governance Committee, or EDS leadership and may consist of:
• (Data Quality) Data quality assessment, data profiling, and data cleansing
• (Data Quality) Data requirements definition
• (Data Quality) Architectural standards
• (Data Quality) Standardized Business Glossary that covers the standardization and approval of
• (Data Quality) Metadata Management
• (Data Quality) Governance management and data management
• Data profiling contains information related to profiling activities that should be performed
before the approval of any architectural redesigns or consolidations
• (Platform) Data integration
• (Platform) Data management strategy
• (Platform) Data lifecycle management
• (Platform) Data modeling
• (Platform) Analytics Capabilities
• (Business Intelligence) Available Content
• (Business Intelligence) Quality of Content
• (Business Intelligence) Adherence to Content Guidelines
• (Business Intelligence) Content Operational Metrics (TAT, etc)
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes
recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of
the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending
seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional
organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into
current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact
the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable
laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks
advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.