Phoenix, AZ company is seeking an Engineer/Senior Engineer, IT Situation Center to join their team for a contract opportunity.Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long-term contract engagements.
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 2 years of SRE (site reliability engineering) or related experience.
- Full stack experience supporting IT systems.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively across technical domains.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Airline experience.
- 3+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- 2+ years of experience with monitoring the entire OSI stack with various tools.
- 5+ years of SRE or related experience.
What You Will Be Doing
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience working with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery systems such as GitHub actions.
- Expertise in Windows/Linux (Server 2012/2016/RHEL).
- Working knowledge of one or more cloud technologies. PCF, Azure, Citrix, AWS, Google.
- Knowledge of IP networking including TCP,UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Experience with Dynatrace OneAgent highly desired.
- Knowledge of cyber security principles and methods.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM.
- Solid judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong customer service and communications skills.
- Experience in evaluating and explaining problems or situations; root cause analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups.
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently.