Are you a self-motivated, talented, Electrical/Firmware Engineer who understands the importance of engineering excellence to product development success? Are you strong with Embedded C and C++ development? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates to impact positive change? Are you looking for your next career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
You will be part of a local team, implementing and validating modules for new printer products. You will be designing and implementing engineering test & development code for new analog and digital printed circuit boards as well as contributing to the design.
Do you have...
- 3+ years - Writing Embedded Control Firmware Software Experience - REQUIRED
- Writing C & C++ - REQUIRED
- Electro / Manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Developing Circuits experience - highly preferred
- Electrical Engineering Degree is highly preferred
Principal Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
• Follow best practices and procedures to improve design quality as assigned.
• Interface with other engineering teams, stakeholders and customers to understand the application space and business requirements.
• Develop project plans and budget estimations to support business planning activities.
• Participate in design reviews.
• Communicate with OEM manufacturers and third-party engineering partners to facilitate design and DVT solutions.
• Drive creative, hands-on, electrical/firmware solutions for engineering validation.
• Create, edit and test new and existing Board Support Packages.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree required preferred in Electrical or Firmware Engineering
• Ability to understand and design digital and analog circuits.
• Knowledge of ARM processors.
• Ability to write code in C, plus knowledge of machine code.
• Designing, interfacing with prototype pc board manufacturers, writing firmware and testing prototype boards.
• Knowledge of sensors and actuators, PID control theory, signal processing and interfaces with real world inputs.
• Ability to log values from firmware onto pc and create a pc-based user interface for lab testing and data acquisition.