Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Sr. Developer
Location: 100% Remote
Term: 6 months
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 5 years of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- 5 years of .NET/C# experience.
- 3 years of experience with Azure Cloud, practical experience in refactoring legacy applications for cloud migration.
- Exposure to cloud-based deployments, CI/CD deployment pipeline.
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Strong coding skills and concepts in .NET
- Integration & Collaboration Tools, GIT
- Web Services - Prefer REST experience
- Databases - Prefer NoSQL/MS Cosmos experience
- Experience with developer testing practices (i.e. Junit/Nunit, etc.) and understands the differences between unit, functional and system tests.
- Experience with TDD a plus.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with and is willing to initiate sharing knowledge with others.
- Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts or principles which can be confirmed by experience.
- Experience supporting a production application.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and modifies complex, deadline-intensive and/or mission-critical applications using advanced programming tools.
- Documents all code using standard forms and procedures and review others work as appropriate.
- Assists others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs.
- Recommends process, methodology and tool changes in conjunction with Architects and QA to best meet the needs of the department and client.
- Works with Quality assurance to participate in unit, system and user acceptance testing based on an understanding of the development lifecycle.
- Participates in architectural recommendations/decisions and work with other infrastructure groups as applicable to determine and implement complex system hardware requirements that may involve multiple platforms, databases, peripherals or other technology.
- Provides the highest level of technical production support for applications, assists others with complex problem resolution and responds with solutions to both functional and technical issues in a timely manner.
- Works with Business System Analysts, Product Managers, Squad Leads, Technical Leads, and other leadership to recommend process or system enhancements.
- Works with DBAs, Architects and other team members to ensure logical and physical data models and relationship diagrams are completed and executed according to methodology and user requirements.