We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-orientated and reliable self-starter. This position will be a member of a high-performing technology team by providing architectural guidance, technological vision and solution development. Specifically, this position will be utilizing hands-on development skills, people management, resource planning and project delivery via our scrum methodology. This position is for a person that is an expert in Azure, .Net development and Angular
About the position
- As Director, Software Development you should drive your scrum teams technical direction while owning the technical accountability of the team.
- You will be responsible for coaching and guiding the development team members on engineering best practices and lead them to become high performing team.
- You will own the technical challenges and drive the engineering solutions, guiding the technical direction of your teams. You will also work to influence the technical direction across teams within the R&D group.
- You will strive to own and drive continuous improvement within your team and work to influence this across teams
- As Director, Software Development, you will own the quality of the teams deliverables. You will work with the cross functional scrum team of engineers and quality analyst to ensure that the end product has quality baked into its core.
- An ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of experience in development and leading engineers teams
- The idea candidate has/forms an opinion he/she can lead with, can justify the direction, influence the team and gain their trust.
- Is ready to listen to differing opinions, change opinions based on new learnings and has the humility and the courage to accept mistakes
- Leads design and code reviews and ensures teams adherence to standards and guidelines within their scrum team
- Works with the VP, R&D and the Team Leads in implementing and documenting architectural and design enhancements
- While our stack is primarily .Net, the ideal candidate is flexible to use/learn additional programming languages as needed.
- Has experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines, docker containers and blue/green deployments
- Experience in breaking a monolith into smaller services is a plus
- Ideally a full-stack engineer not limited to programming languages and one who does not shy away from dabbling in network, storage, infrastructure, or security.
- Experience with JIRA scrum boards and system
- Confluence wiki knowledge experience
- Using GitHub / Dev Ops Repository for code management is not foreign to you
- Have more than 2 years experience with Cloud environments using Cloud native services, central logging, application insights, analysis services