This nationwide entertainment industry leader has an immediate full-time opening for a Director, Product Analytics & Insights. Preference for candidates located near NYC but open to remote candidates or people near offices located in New York City, Oakland, Atlanta, or Dallas. Will lead teams of analysts across Discovery and Content Analytics. The person in this role will report to the VP, Analytics and Insights for the Product Development Team and will partner closely with peers in Product Management, Content, Research Science, and User Research to drive fact-based decisions to help innovate our consumer facing product offering.
- Serve as thought leader and trusted advisor to Product Development leadership and the Executive Committee on Digital Products.
- Demonstrate proactive, solution oriented leadership -- you are always ahead of what's coming next, you solve problems in and outside of your core area, you are comfortable saying no to request that do not help inform key decisions/ priorities.
- Proactively identify product and content opportunities within and beyond product ownerships areas through analysis of customer behavior and collaboration with cross-functional groups including Research Science, User Research, Content, Marketing, Product, and Engineering Requirements.
- Coach and inspire team of 5 Analysts to deliver across core analytics deliverables:
- Provide the fact base to influence what content discovery and engagement experiences to build and develop forecasts around customer use and business outcomes.
- Define key performance indicators for product areas including defining tracking requirements for new content products/features, building and maintaining automated reporting, and speaking to performance.
- Design, analyze, and report on AB tests to understand the impact of the content we surface to customers and new product features and to make launch recommendations.
- Visualize and communicate insights clearly across functions and levels of the organization highlighting the -so-whats?- of the analyses.
Directly manages a team of 5 Analysts.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of individual contributors in Product Analytics, Data Science, or equivalent field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in Product Analytics, Product Management, Data Science or equivalent field preferably for a consumer facing, engagement based, digital product.
- Extensive experience with Digital Media Content - Videos, Music, Articles, etc.
- BA/BS or Graduate degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently.
- Inspiring leader with high expectations of your performance and your team. You are comfortable providing specific feedback when needed and have track record of cultivating high performing teams.
- Extensive, hands-on professional experience with AB experimentation and regression modeling.
- Excellent written and communication skills; Can lead communication and collaboration with a diverse group of Senior cross-functional partners and with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Proven history of decision making excellence and cross-functional influence through insights
- SQL proficiency; familiarity with R or Python is a plus -- you can jump in and be hands on when needed such as performing analyses or writing a complex queries.