Become part of established online lending organization that is looking for leadership in their Credit Risk & Analytics functions. The Director of Credit Risk & Analytics will manage a small team of risk analysts and data scientists that will be responsible for the analysis, modeling, and implementation of credit risk and underwriting policies, optimization of customer acquisition, support of the business through analytics, and administration of the supporting systems.
High Level Responsibilities
- Serve as the company’s SME regarding credit risk as applied to unsecured lending, act as an inspiring leader regarding credit risk management, and act as a thought leader and policy influencer regarding credit outcomes in operations.
- Monitor, manage, and optimize the performance of the online installment loan portfolio, as well as support credit risk management for retail products.
- Analyze data to answer questions and inform decisions to optimize portfolio performance, marketing efficiency, operational efficiency, and mitigate risk.
- Develop and manage a highly skilled staff with emphasis on quality, customer service, and retention.
- Own the design and implementation of credit risk and fraud detection policies in the decision engine.
- Develop and maintain multiple custom predictive models used in underwriting and marketing.
- Own alternative credit bureau and data service provider relationships, and monitor landscape for better data to improve credit risk and marketing optimization.
- Own the decision engine and lead management system platforms, managing the vendors that provide this software as a service, delivering projects to apply changes to these environments, and administering their operation.
- Manage and develop a team of 3-5 credit analysts and data scientists, using “roll up your sleeves, hands-on” leadership.
- Develop credit strategies to improve the portfolio performance by using data, statistical models, and advanced analytics tools.
- Analyze portfolio performance at a granular segment level on an ongoing basis. Identify trends and conduct root-cause analysis to isolate key performance drivers.
- Turn analysis findings into strategy recommendations to present to the management team, producing and presenting reports and other work product to effectively tell the story.
- Maintain credit losses within an acceptable risk appetite.
- Partner with marketing to implement customer acquisition strategies and monitor the strategy performance. Provide execution support for our marketing programs.
- Bring innovative thinking to make recommendations on approaching and solving problems.
- Identify and evaluate new vendors / data sources and create business cases.
- Work with legal and compliance team to ensure strategies and policies comply with all the regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate and engage daily with the management team on policy or operational tactics and strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 5-10 years of credit risk or underwriting experience including duties with credit committees and policy formation
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Expert on matters of credit in a consumer lending environment
- Strong hands-on analytical and intuitive investigative skills; expert skills with SQL and Excel. Python skills are a plus.
- Working knowledge of predictive analytics modeling methodologies, experience practicing such techniques is a plus
- Adept at developing & analyzing data to inform business decisions
- You are a master at extracting, analyzing, and using data to inform decisions and action … credit/fraud risk, customer acquisition, operational efficiency.
- You are curious. You like puzzles. You are more interested in what the data says rather than just extracting the data and producing a report.
- You are adept at crawling into data sources to understand the data and the structure.
- You are a hands-on tactician looking to step into or continue a leadership role, while continuing to use your technical skills.
- If you are looking for a strategy position where you depend on others to do all the work, do not apply. You prefer to roll up your sleeves with your team to solve problems.
- You love collaboration and days filled with interacting with others to solve problems and seize opportunities.
- You prefer a flat organization with fewer, loosely defined positions rather than a large company with lots of structure and lanes for its employees.
- You are motivated and self-directed. Sitting around waiting to be told what to do is not your thing. You want to make an impact.