Looking for dynamic Director of Communications to join our client's global portfolio of niche brands and businesses. Our ideal candidate is an articulate and tech-savvy communicator who can manage social media presence, create and execute a corporate communication plan, and support executive leadership on various initiatives. Join the team and help generate superior shareholder returns through effective communication strategies!
Title: Director of Communications
Salary: Annual salary + bonus, LTI and great benefits package
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
The Director of Communications is responsible for establishing and managing brand guidelines across the enterprise, creating and executing a corporate communication plan, and supporting executive leadership on various initiatives where communication planning and support is required. The Director of Communications is articulate and tech savvy, adept at translating company’s story and related messaging in an impactful way across a multitude of mediums. Actively partners with Marketing leadership in each business unit to ensure a cohesive communication strategy across the enterprise.
Primary Functions and Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages enterprise social media presence and online campaigns. This includes monitoring content, framing, and messaging across all platforms.
- Manages the content and design of company’s website, including microsites.
- In consultation with executive leadership, develops and edits material related to earnings releases, including press releases, talking points, and related messaging.
- Compiles preliminary sales information from company divisions on a weekly and monthly basis for executive leadership.
- Manages the creative process to generate original graphics, articles, podcasts, videos, social media collateral, and any other type of external communication.
- Maintains brand standards and ensures adherence to prescribed standards within the business.
- Monitors news feeds and works with leadership to facilitate rapid response to media opportunities.
- Leads the design, production and dissemination of formal corporate publications including but not limited to annual reports, pre-recorded earnings calls, and press releases.
- Partners with the Sustainability team on various initiatives including the Net Zero Media Plan.
- Analyzes peer group social media/media presence and creates presentation materials for Investor Relations.
- Creates and executes the communication plan for important corporate sponsorships and events.
- Provides consultative support on employee communications as required.
- Manages art/graphics/installations at company's Headquarters.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related field. MBA highly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience leading internal and external corporate communications for a publicly traded company.
- Organized and deadline oriented. Plans and aligns work with others as appropriate.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Builds and maintains strong relationships.
- Exceptional writing ability, including proofreading and editing skills.
- Maintains a high level of trust, credibility, and confidence with executive leadership.
- Displays sound judgment, tact, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to effectively communicate company’s key financial metrics.
- Ability to develop, synthesize and present perspectives on key strategic issues.
- Strong working knowledge of various social media platforms and strategies for optimization in a corporate setting.
- Ability to influence others and move forward a common vision or goal.