We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our team for a long term contract opportunity. You will be responsible for effectively understanding applicable compliance frameworks and implement corresponding controls. You will develop the organizations DevSecOps practices and tool sets. You will create and implement infrastructure as code to enforce and auto-remedy security controls. You will provide reports of compliance based on automated checks across the infrastructure in public cloud. You will develop and deploy tools in AWS, providing an enterprise view of compliance in the public cloud. You will evaluate and implement container security tools. Additional responsibilities:
- Use your technical experience to assess, design, engineer and implement various AWS services and configurations in order to achieve our security standards.
- Implement the ability to detect compliance in our cloud environments with the security standards and where applicable also implement remediations. Implementation may take the form of configuring tools or creating custom code. All changes are expected to use infrastructure as code principles and a controls CI/CD pipeline.
- Help assess AWS and third party solutions and open source projects that fit into cloud security landscape.
- Once tools are chosen, you will then be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the chosen tool and provide reporting and dashboards showing cloud configuration status.
- Provide guidance to our application teams developing on public cloud platforms. You will advise application teams on how to adhere to security standards for cloud, work to identify common patterns and provide templates for application teams.
You should have the following skills:
- Bachelors degree in CS, CE, Math, or equivalent.
- Two to Five years of experience implementing solutions in AWS
- Five to Seven years experience in software development
- Strong skills in tactical, operational, and strategic level cyber threat intelligence.
- Advanced understanding of cyber threat vectors and countermeasures.
- Understanding of Linux/Unix platforms.
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Security
- Solid understanding of networking (WAN, LAN, wLAN), network domains (Internet, intranet, DMZ), communication techniques/protocols (IP and others), and their combined effects on network and host systems security.
- Ability to communicate technical details in a clear, comprehensible manner.
Any experience with the following would be highly desired.
- CISSP and CCSP preferred
- AWS or Azure certifications preferred