DevOps Team Lead
- Location: Plano, 75024
- Salary: 140,000-150,000
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted about 1 month ago
- Pay 140000 to 150
- Function: Software / Application Development
- Job Ref: 243267
As a DevOps Team Lead, you will utilize your extensive Cloud / DevOps knowledge and experience to design, develop and deploy solutions utilizing the Cloud/DevOps platforms. You will work with a collaborative team leading, mentoring and ensuring development efforts are well documented and delivered with quality. You will work with customer service owners, process owners and various service delivery groups and participate in demos and meetings in a professional and courteous manner. The DevOps Team Lead is a highly experienced subject matter expert on the Cloud/ DevOps platforms with strong experience designing, developing and deploying integrations with external third-party tools.
· Lead a small team of DevOps engineers that deliver software releases and variants for multiple products
· Integrate tools and solutions with each other for comprehensiveness and ease of use by software development teams
· Support proper usage of solutions via documentation, training, and leadership
· Execute department and engineering processes/policies and recommend improvements
· Align team on department goals and drive accountability to achieve results
· Collaborate with all development teams to improve cross-functional communication and productivity as well as track and distribute information
· Participate in recruiting activities, interview, hire, train, and evaluate performance for the team
· Provide solutions and thought leadership for customers using Azure platform. Expert in the AWS ecosystem.
· Lead a team of technical delivery resources on projects using DevOps tools and methodologies. Focus on continuous process improvement.
· Help customers deliver solutions to market faster using automation and CI / CD tools.
· Expert in the use of Configuration Management tools such as Ansible (or equivalent) and Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform).
· Experience with containers and container orchestration (ie Kubernetes).
· Strong security focus and approach required in all aspects of delivery.
· Lead in the architecture and design of complex solutions
· Lead the creation of written deliverables
· Lead client demos and working sessions
· Lead integration design sessions and deployment
· Participate as technical expert in client workshops
· Influence direct team members and external customers regarding policies, best practices and procedures
· Mentor junior staff and support project leadership
· Obtain and maintain certifications with associated qualifications
· Subject matter expert on Cloud/ DevOps platform
· Expert level development skills on the Cloud/ DevOps platforms
· Mastery of Azure ecosystem.
· Excellent skills integrating Cloud/ DevOps platforms with third party tools
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent project and situational awareness
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
MATRIX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.