Medium sized organization in Fort Worth is seeking to hire an Information Technology Support Analyst / Desktop Support Technician for a 6 months+ contract-to-hire opportunity. This IT Support Analyst / Technician will assist end users with PC based hardware, software, and network connectivity issues. It's required to work onsite Monday and Tuesday each week, with the rest of the week remote, but if there are projects that require onsite may work 5-days/week onsite. This company has amazing benefits and amenities for their contractors and employees. Excellent work environment and company culture. Very stable organization!
As a Desktop Support Analyst with this organization, you will be working in a multi-site environment with a heavy emphasis on virtual desktops. You will respond to requests for assistance via, phone, email, and ticketing system and resolve them in a timely manner. Must be able to manage time effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision. Will be assigned projects and tasks. The ideal candidate will demonstrate advanced desktop troubleshooting ability and will be able to determine whether an issue resides on the server, network, or workstation and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Must have flexibility to work an 8 hour on-premises or remote shift scheduled between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. with scheduled on-call rotation
- Manage time effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Desktop support for laptops, workstations, and virtual desktops
- Maintain endpoints throughout their lifecycle to ensure a consistent environment
- Maintain software and hardware assets
- Create and manage on-premises Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Microsoft 365 accounts
- Record all support requests, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions in ITSM tracking software
- Mitigation of viruses, Trojans, malware, etc.
- Assist administrators with day-to-day tasks that may include Endpoint Manager, Group Policy, Cisco CallManager, or other tasks
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures and processes
- Conference room audio/visual support
- Network printer support
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency for employees
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to support requests
- Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
- Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
- Perform other duties as required
- Three (3) years prior work experience in a high pace desktop/helpdesk support setting
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, DHCP, TCP/IP and DNS and how it relates to desktop support
- Experience with Windows, Microsoft 365, Teams, etc.
- Experience with patch management, global configuration, and software distribution
- Experience with administration of enterprise anti-virus software
- Experience with virtual environments
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver License
- College Degree
- Audio/visual experience
- Experience with collaboration solutions: SharePoint and OneDrive
- VoIP experience