The ideal candidate will be very customer service focused and foster good relationships and good communication with management. Looking for someone who is a team player.
As the Desktop Support Technician based in Dickinson, ND, you will provide deskside support and field communication services for all clients, assisting with delivery of IT Projects and serve as the custodian for all IT related Incidents and service requests for locations in North Dakota. You will work independently and with the team. Will demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to explain complex IT solutions to non-IT personnel.
- Provide Deskside Support (Hardware/Software Support & Training) on Windows PCs, local and network printers and multi-function devices and other PC peripheral devices.
- Service Requests made by the client group.
- Travel to facilities for installation and troubleshooting of ISP equipment on Well Pads.
- POC for Camera Skids, providing troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Provide Workstation Support for Windows 10, iOS.
- Diagnose problems with software configurations and Network (LAN) connectivity issues.
- Provide support for remote users leveraging VPN when away from the office.
- Assist as necessary with the on boarding of new employees.
- Work with other IT Support Teams to coordinate resolution of Service Requests.
- Provide A/V support, including MS TEAMS and Solstice, etc.
- Configure & Deploy Mobile Devices including iOS and BYOD platforms.
- Work with Hardware/Software vendors to facilitate warranty work on company owned equipment.
- Work with local departments to secure power, communications and other services as relate to IT operations and be the point of contact for IT projects in the Bakken.
- Manage Solution Center (Ivanti Software) ticketing queue to achieve Service Level Agreements.
- Communicate with local business leaders to determine their IT needs and ensure they are being met.
- Be on call for IT support related issues that affect Bakken locations.
- 3+ years’ experience in Deskside Support or similar role.
- Networking knowledge is a plus (Routers, switches, and AP’s).
- Field Communication knowledge is a plus (Cradle points, MOX switch config, and antennas).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application suite.
- Awareness of IT Service Delivery methodology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, client relationship skills, detail-oriented.
- College degree preferred