Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides end-to-end managed services, technology and consulting to enable the digital workplace for small to enterprise businesses. Join their team to be part of delivering individualized experiences to a diverse range of clients in a collaborative and productive workplace environment.Position: Data Center Infrastructure Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC 28262
Term: 4+ months contract to hire (10/01/2020 to 01/31/2021)
- Manage, operate, and continuously improve Systems, Database, and Tools Infrastructure that support Mercks Data Centers and computer rooms in a 24/7 environment.
- Perform data quality assessment on new site implementation data.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and external partners to enter and maintain site data in the DCIM application and other supporting tools.
- Develop and maintain engineering and operations processes, procedures, and documentation associated with DCIM and other supporting tools.
- Train end users on the proper operation and maintenance of DCIM and supporting tools.
- Coordinate and execute system installations, configurations, integrations, patching, upgrades, and changes ensuring adherence to Merck SDLC, ITSM, and other policies and procedures.
- Create small-to-medium sized scripts based on clear requirements and existing architecture/design to support automation of system/application/network functions.
- Lead tools issue resolution activities using knowledge of complex systems and cross-functional collaboration. Take knowledge learned and apply to current systems to improve resilience.
- Monitor system health and quality daily and provide appropriate remediation or improvement actions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and users to understand needs and gaps. Develop effective solutions and define strategy and plans to meet those needs. Utilize time management, project management, and communication skills to drive execution.
- High degree of initiative and dependability.
- Experience with supporting Data Center and mission critical services 24/7.
- Highly accountable with a significant focus on customer service and high availability.
- Excellent technical written, diagramming, and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with information technology professionals as well as management.
- Solid understanding of Networking concepts.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- 2+ years of implementation and support experience in one or more of the following areas: DCIM (Sunbird, NLYTE), BMS/BAS, Electrical Power Monitoring System (EPMS), or other IT Systems Management or Monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of Building Management Systems
- Experience with MS-Office capabilities, especially Visio and Excel
- Experience with BACnet, Modbus and SNMP communication protocols
- Experience with database and database queries (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL,)
- Experience with API integrations and web services calls
- Bachelors degree in Math, Computer Science, or Engineering discipline or equivalent is desirable.
- Data Center Certifications such as CDCDP, DCDC, RCDD or equivalent are desirable.