Privately held Financial Services firm in the Dunwoody / Sandy Springs area seeking a self-motivated DB2 LUW DBA to join their growing team.
Day-to-day you will troubleshoot, analyze for root causes for problems, ensure database availability, security and stability, performance tuning and optimization. Provide performance tuning by analyzing Database and O/S performance using Explain, Event Monitors, vmstats, etc. Install and upgrade DB2 instances. Write and maintain BASH/KSH shell scripts. Provide guidance to Developer's technical questions related to Db2 as well as creating and updating Stored Procedures and Triggers. Manage and maintains data in all Production and Non-Production Db2 Databases. Handle data refreshes from Production to Test environments based on user requirements. Perform maintenance of the Db2 environments including image copies, performance monitoring, capacity management, and object upgrades.
Ideal candidate has the following:
- 3+ years experience with recent versions of Db2 LUW and Red Hat.
- Experience with all Db2 utilities including Backups, Unloads, Loads, Runstats and Reorgs.
- Experience performing database recovery to Image Copy or Point-In-Time.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good application management experience including Explains, Joins, Referential Integrity, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- SQL Server and/or MySQL is preferred but not required.