Houston energy company is currently executing a project to migrate it's customers in SAP CCS/CRM. The Data Warehouse Engineer will be integral in the design and build of the migration using Oracle PL/SQL and Unix. In addition, the engineer will design a data model for housing historical usage data and other data used in load forecasting from legacy system and include in existing interfaces to load forecasting system and provide maintenance and support of existing data mart and other database applications in the data warehouse as needed.
This is a hybrid opportunity with two days required onsite in the downtown Houston office.
- Get knowledge transfer of current implementation of business data market.
- Review code to understand existing implementation.
- Make necessary changes to existing design to migrate customers
- Build to implement the change to design to include customers
- Design a data model for housing historical data from legacy system for feeding load forecasting system and other use as well.
- Build programs to extract data from legacy system and load these tables. Learning of ETL tool (SAP data services) would be needed. Knowledge transfer would be provided to work with the tool if needed.
- Assist with providing production support of existing data mart and database applications if needed.
- Assist with additional PL/SQL development.
- Willingness and cooperation in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Work effectively in a team environment. Develop strong working relationship with the business team and individuals at all levels of NRG, such as other IT groups, Operations, and Project Management team.
- Communicate status and escalate issues as early in the process as possible.
- Use analytics skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to switch between multiple tasks and work them in parallel.
- Willingness to take responsibility for the tasks that are assigned
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
IT experience including
- 12+ years of experience in Software development
- 10+ years of experience in Oracle 11g or higher
- 10+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL development
- 5+ years of experience in Unix/Linux shell script development
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Warehouse environment
- 2+ years of development work in a de-regulated utilities business in Texas is a plus
- 2+ years of experience with SAP data services ETL or other ETL tool.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order interact with the business team, SME, production support lead, and other team members.
- Flexibility, dedication, and team-spirit is a must