Houston company is seeking a Data Warehouse Analysts to join their team. The Data Warehouse analyst is responsible for analysis, design, develop, test, implement & maintain user-facing WEB applications using Oracle PL/SQL and Unix as backend. Support Marketing team by maintaining & enhancing campaign management tools and related marketing applications.
This is a hybrid position, requiring some onsite work in the downtown Houston offices.
- Read & understand existing Oracle PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, and functions and apply enhancements based on new requirements and programming standards
- Develop, unit test, system test, schedule, and create deployment scripts for these Oracle PL/SQL applications.
- Understand requirements and incorporate them into existing applications or develop a new application. Ensure testing meets requirements expectations by doing complete system testing, performance testing, regression testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Communicate status and escalate issues or concerns that would impact timeline early enough to help met deadlines.
- Work effectively in a team environment. Develop strong working relationship with members of other teams such as fellow developers, business team, DBA, and Control-M.
- 6+ years of experience in Software development
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL development
- 2+ years of experience in Unix shell script development
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Warehouse environment is a plus
- 2+ years of development work in a de-regulated utilities business in Texas is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to interact with the Client, Operations team, project management team, and other team members.
- Work effectively with minimum supervision
- Flexibility in workload/assignments, dedicated to delivering quality work and must be a team player
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.