Grow your career as a Data Steward with an innovative global bank. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will be responsible for governance and oversight of team’s data set in order to improve and maintain the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the data. Will work closely with business process owners, operations and data custodians in the technology organization to ensure that corporate, and data governance processes are followed for their respective subject-areas and domains. Will provide oversight of the change management processes for data models and data distribution channels.
- Build and improve the data landscape through:
- CDE identification, registration and mapping with application stack and inbound and outbound systems.
- Lineage documentation including mapping of physical data elements to CDEs across system data flow.
- Assessment and validation of data quality dimensions and control environment to understand where in the lineage controls exist and provide transparency into gaps.
- Ensure the adherence to the company’s Data Management Policy.
- Partner extensively with Senior Data Stewards for respective applications the organization.
- Experience acting as a point of accountability for data content and quality that is consumed, processed and distributed.
- Experience with products that support the governance process e.g., data dictionaries, logical and physical lineage tracing, CDE identification and registration, and governance workflow.
- A strong understanding of data lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering.
- Strong Reference SATA domain knowledge.
- Strong preference for financial services industry experience.
- Strong understanding of the business requirements that drive data quality, translating those requirements into quality rules for execution in the data flow.
- Ability to work with system users to define requirements.
- Experience within a data governance program with knowledge of data governance practices.
- Data analysis skills with the capability of identifying data quality issues and correlating those issues with data specifications and quality rules.
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to communicate information, business process and system wide changes to a technical and nontechnical audience.
- Able to work with technical and nontechnical staff.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.