REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Title: Data Scientist
Location: Phoenix, AZ
You will be a data science project leader within a fast-growing Data Science team pursuing a vision of analytics-driven mining. You will work in close collaboration with global mining operations, subject matter experts, data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to develop novel approaches to complex problems. As a project leader you will plan and manage all aspects of data science project execution while also utilizing your expertise to coach Jr. team members and independently develop solutions. Your data analysis, modeling, and project management skills will be an invaluable part of innovation.
- Collaborate with technical and business experts to understand business requirements and develop an end-to-end plan for data science deliverables
- Plan, Create, and Implement complex models and algorithms independently while also coaching jr. team members and participating in R&D initiatives.
- Utilize modern cloud technologies and employ best practices from DevOps/MLOps to produce enterprise quality production Python and SQL code with minimal errors. Identify and direct the implementation code optimization opportunities and proactively pull in external experts as needed.
- Provide thought leadership in problem solving to enrich possible solutions and flexibly seek out new work or training opportunities to broaden experience
- Collaborate with a wide range of technical and business experts to communicate project deliverables in the context of business outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant work experience,
- Master’s degree in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Ph.D. in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and one (1) year of relevant work experience
- Python and SQL Programming Experience
- Knowledgeable Practitioner of at least three of the following analytical areas and the ability to articulate theoretical concepts from at least three:
- Statistics & Statistical Modeling, including Time-Series Modeling
- Simulation Techniques, including MCMC or an equivalent
- Neural Networks / Deep Learning
- Tree Based Machine Learning Algorithms
- Unsupervised Learning
- Classification techniques, including Support Vector Machines or an equivalent
- Optimization Heuristics
- Text Analytics
- Ability to visualize data utilizing programmatic techniques
- Expert at executing the Data Science development workflow including data manipulation and cleaning, feature engineering, model selection, model training, modeling validation, model deployment
- Working knowledge of MLOps/DevOps concepts (Version Control, CI/CD, Trunk Based Development/PR Based Development/GIT, Test driven development)
- Working knowledge of Azure Machine Learning Environment
- Working knowledge of Software Engineering and Object Orient Programming Principles
- Working knowledge of Distributed Parallel Processing Environments such as Spark or Snowflake
- Working knowledge of Edge Analytics, embedded systems, or computer vision.
- Working knowledge of Data Architecture, engineering, and ETL teams
- Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis on Production workloads
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Experience as a positive mentor/coach to junior employees
- Experience influencing and building mindshare convincingly within a project team. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences and storytelling with data.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Our client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws