Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Specialty Software Engineer
Location: Summit, NJ; Brunswick, NJ
Term: 10 months
- This person will participate in the development of the overall data strategy for Fixed Income market data.
- Responsible for the design and development of a Data feeds from Real-Time and near Real-Time market venues.
- Will recommend and incorporate best practices around data collection, measurement, governance and accessibility.
- Collaborate with Traders, Quants, Data Scientists and other Tech and Data teams in the firm.
- Develop and manage APIs and assist Quants and Data Scientist in data structuring and feature extraction.
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers.
- Lead team to achieve objectives.
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Extensive experience (3+ years) working with time series big-data solutions like q/kdb+, OneTick, Hadoop and other non-relational databases.
- Strong Java skills with experience of (3+) years designing and developing business critical applications
- 2+ years’ experience working with Python.
- 2+ years supporting trading desk from a data analytics/quantitative standpoint.
- Quick learner and self starter
- Exposure to Fixed Income asset classes like Rates, FX, Credit Corporates, Munis and ABS products is nice to have
- This role requires close interaction with the trading desk, risk managers, model validators and compliance teams during US business hours i.e. 7AM-6PM. Additionally the team member needs to be available during US trading hours for Level2 support and monitoring of data, analytics and reporting. This is essential for platform stability and trading PnL. The role also requires to provide answers to both internal and external queries as quickly as possible.
- This role also may require specific knowledge of AI/ML, Quantitiative skills as it pertains to electronic trading desk exposure.
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.