Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Management Analyst
Location: Addison, TX
Term: 12 months
- Works with business to understand data requirements, analyze and provide input on data availability in enterprise data platform, recommendation on bringing additional data, etc. assessing the appropriate data platform(s) for solutioning efforts. Collaborate with source system and Authorized provisioning point (APP) teams, Data Analysts and Modelers to build scalable data solutions. Our team does not do any development, but we need the knowledge to guide our business partners and collaborate with data engineering and access management team on data delivery.
- Solid understanding of data warehouse / Data Lake best practices and data modeling.
- Solid understanding of data modeling principles / methods / best practices
- Capable of facilitating data discovery discussions involving business subject matter experts
- Solid understanding of data delivery leveraging various Reports and analytical tools
- Reviews and provides feedback on consumption approach, information architecture, data models, approved enterprise analytical tools usage and best practice (Tableau, SAS, AtScale, Dremio, TOAD, Analytical work bench, etc.) to meet the requirements
- Communicate complex concepts and analysis results clearly and effectively
- Ability to understand and find appropriate sources for data and analysis results
- Works with Technology to provision access to curated data, support access management requests process, enable user on required tools (tool setup, connectivity to data, training, etc)
- Work with business users, product, and customer teams to set precise requirements for data delivery including data identification, data provisioning, tools provisioning and access management
- Support user testing to confirm data access and tool access.
- Provide support in issues resolution in partnership with technology and access management team
- Collaborates closely with the user community to provide support for platform events / activities. Assists users on data usage information, Adhoc data analysis, research / analysis of data issues, data availability and fit-for-purpose analysis, etc.
- Maintain book of work in JIRA, provide status and metrics on assigned / completed initiatives
- Facilitates discussions and working sessions to finalize approach / data solutions for assigned use cases. Keeps stakeholders informed of progress, status updates, follows thru action items, etc.
- Experience leading complex initiatives involving cross-functional business and technology data SMEs
- Proven ability to influence and partner with stakeholders and business leaders
- Plans and organizes work effort across all stakeholder groups involved (including creation of a plan) and coordinates and tracks the work across all teams – Business, technology, governance and data security.
- Assists in the development of internal processes, procedures, and documentation to enable business
Additional Manager Notes:
- 2+ years of Cloud migration related experience
- 2+ years of experience in planning and managing cloud application migration and large-scale cloud platform deployment
- 2+ years of financial industry experience
- Familiarity with data transformation from on-prem to cloud is a must
- Prior experience in transformation aspects such as – change management, transformation of data user jouneys, cloud adoption will be a plus.
- Familiarity with Tools such as – BigQuery, Vertex AI, Thoughtspot, Dataprep, Tableau, PowerBI will be a plus