Grow your career as a Data Modeler with an innovative global bank in Tampa, FL. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will design, implement and document data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL-Hive databases. These solutions support enterprise information management, business intelligence and other business interests.
- Development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, the implementation of RDBMS-MS SQL Server, data marts, and data lakes on target platforms (SQL/NoSQL).
- Oversee and govern the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices.
- Implement business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational-MSSQL Server, dimensional, and NoSQL-Hive) and data tools (reporting, visualization, analytics).
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models.
- Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, and sandbox POC.
- Work proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks.
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Review modifications to existing scripts to improve efficiency and performance.
- Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytic models, and data visualization.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer/Data Science.
- 10+ years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS-MS SQL Server, dimensional, NoSQL-Hive) data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols.
- Must have experience with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise Big Data platforms.
- Experience working with MS SQL server and Big Data, Hadoop required.
- Good knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools required.
- Experience in team management, communication, and presentation.
- Exposure working with Agile development methodology.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.