What if you could use your project and change management skills to enhance and protect a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented and well-rounded Data Governance professional to join our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Data Governance Senior Product Owner, you’ll interact and partner closely with various stakeholders across the company to align data governance priorities, scope, requirements, accountability, deliverables, and change management imperatives. If you demonstrate strong leadership, prioritization, and communication skills to consistently deliver outstanding results on-time and in line with established budget, and you are a team player with a natural curiosity about the ever-evolving data regulatory and data management landscape —we’d love to hear from you.
This position will report to our Senior Director of Enterprise Data Governance & Talent Analytics, and have strong partnerships with our IT GRC, Data Privacy, P&T Security, and Legal teams.
- Drive data stewardship and governance practices needed to support a data-driven culture.
- Collaborate with data teams across the business to define and deliver on the enterprise data governance priorities.
- Gain alignment on critical data governance requirements and prioritize competing data governance needs for various data assets and processes across the organization.
- Establish and facilitate relationships with data owners, stewards, IT Data team stakeholders, and DGC members to bring the voice and priorities of business stakeholders to the forefront.
- Implement and lead an agile framework for the DG Program Office, establishing end-to-end planning and delivery processes, including feedback loops.
- As part of PI planning, decomposes Feature(s) into User Stories and establishes Story acceptance criteria, i.e., define the definition of done, define key metrics to track success and/or prioritize features.
- Establish, socialize, and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap, ensuring discoverability, high-usability, and tangible practice standards are embedded in roadmap deliverables.
- Own sprint backlog and planning for new governance initiatives; prioritize DG backlog working against an established roadmap and coordinating dependencies with other projects and programs accordingly.
- Provide progress reports to the Executive Sponsor, Steering, and the DG Council, as well as oversee and manage periodic updates to the data governance roadmap.
- Lead end-to-end management and delivery of data governance workstream projects and MVP iterations
- Demonstrate governance execution by ensuring that workstreams and initiatives are tracked and actively managed, metrics are understood and agreed upon, deliverables are properly prioritized and sequenced, impediments and risks are escalated and addressed, and MVPs are delivered successfully
- Develop clear documentation of the scope, business requirements, use cases, workflows, wireframes, and other materials as needed to support data governance research, design and development
- Manage release schedule of data governance and data stewardship activities and services with all members of the DG community
- Oversee change management strategy necessary to implement and sustain data governance culture and practices
- 7+ years project/product management role with strong prioritization, organization, and problem-solving skills, leading cross-functional organizational projects with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience
- Strong experience with Agile methodology required
- Understanding of and experience in, change management principles and methodology
- Strong knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledgeable of industry leading data quality, protection, and data management practices
- Knowledgeable of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Self-starter, ability to bridge organizational gaps, move projects at a steady pace, and deliver results.
- Analytic and strategic thinker capable of managing senior relationships across all the Business and Functional areas.
- Strong ability to articulate best practices and the benefits of data governance to business leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present strong data-driven storylines and content to both general and senior audiences
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and working through ambiguity
- Experience with data management and visualization applications (i.e., Alation, Unify Data Catalog, OneTrust, Tableau) is a plus
- SAFe certification strongly preferred