This fast growing industry leader has an immediate full-time opportunity in Oklahoma City, OK for a Data Governance Analyst. This position requires working in the office Monday-Friday. Will be responsible for streamlining Data processes across technology to ensure consistency in how the organization shares and accesses data. Will ensure consistency with Master Data Management in this highly visible position. Will be leading a committee that will include high level managers in both Software Development and IT. Will be responsible for putting systems in place and will be making sure that Data Privacy is protected and secure across the organization. This role requires at least 10 years experience in Enterprise Risk and Compliance. In addition, must have strong experience in Data Privacy. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, in the application and business units, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet company objectives. The primary goal of the program is to protect the organization and clients' data through the implementation of an enterprise data governance program.
- Create and document data governance standards
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Lead Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
- Market and communicate data governance program in an way that achieves maximum buy in with key stakeholders and Senior Management
- Maintain and modify data governance program to align with industry best practices and Company requirements
- Monitor and enforce compliance to data governance standards
- Document and maintain data governance standards and processes
- Prepare executive presentations
- Create corporate communication plan and messaging for data governance program
- Actively seeks to expand individual skills through research, training, and collaboration with peers
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- 4+ years in a Data Governance role.
- Experienced in data governance and information security standards.
- Experience with data dictionaries and/or business glossaries.
- Strong knowledge of Data Privacy Laws.
- Experience with auditing or working with auditors.
- Understanding of databases and application delivery
- Risk identification and analysis techniques
- Data confidentiality regulations and strategies
- Programming and code review processes
- Prefer experience building and deploying models on mobile devices.
- Docker and Kubernetes knowledge is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems and data, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- Availability to respond to emergency situations