Seeking a Data Enterprise Architect for a direct hire opportunity with our industry leading client.
What you will be doing:
- You will be the “go to” global architect for matters related to data technologies and architecture.
- Partner with the engineering and delivery teams to deliver a self-service data platform for all data analytics across the company.
- Accountable for technology standards, reference architectures and design patterns for all data implementations, including ETL/ELT, warehouse, relational database, AI/ML, IoT and data governance.
- Buildout of private company data marketplace to securely share data with external company clients and partners.
- Steer the production and best-practice usage of all data platforms, working closely with company business reps to ensure best-in-class capabilities, smooth path to production and best-usage of the data capabilities.
- Strategize, design and guide delivery of a light-weight data governance model.
- Consult with the business reps to understand requirements for new data capabilities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ability to motivate and influence team members and internal customers to achieve goals.
- Strong communication skills conveying gravitas, impact, and presence.
- Use stakeholder-appropriate
- language and pacing.
- Challenge senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Strategic skills including parallel thinking, structuring initiatives, understand and link initiatives to business goals, be a partner to the business.
- Consultative and collaborative approach to work with non- and semi-technical stakeholders to step them through the stages of an enterprise data platform maturity journey.
- Interest in, and focus on, customers and passionate about creating good user experiences.
- Demonstrate success in defining and launching excellent products.
- Proactive in identifying problems early and prioritize deliverables.
- Good combination of technical and business background.
- Good knowledge of agile software development processes.
- Self-motivated, smart and quick to learn.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Enterprise Architecture and data technology across multiple business sectors at very large scale.
- Strong experience of digital transformation, roadmaps, target operating models, cost reduction, performance improvement.
- Be able to clearly articulate complex topics to an array of stakeholders across the business and technical communities.
- Effectively communicate with data engineers and executives.
- Established external partner network especially with key analytics & data platform technology vendors.
- Ability to develop strategies which including horizon scanning, best practice, and clear roadmaps to delivery.
- Technology Choice. Be able to go toe-to-toe with the best people from our data & analytics engineering and technology vendors to stay ahead of new capabilities & services.
- In-depth knowledge of data technologies (SME) including business intelligence, data management and engineering, data lake and data warehouse, data fabric, with associated data governance.
- Data as a Service modern architecture methods, approaches and ways-of-working.
- Experience of delivering data solution on cloud platforms.
- AWS and Snowflake are preferred skills experience preferred.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree qualification, with strong quantitative background (STEM education
- background (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) and/or MBA preferred).
- Experience with Data platforms like Snowflakes, Informatica, Posgress DB will be given preference.