Job Summary: The Data Analyst position favors the technical side and supports the Operations and Development Teams. This person will assist in organizing and automating the current state of the validation processes. The primary responsibilities involve tracking system files, researching and debugging inbound/outbound files from source to target and working problem tickets.
- Assist with Automation of validation tasks through a programming solution.
- Perform ad hoc analysis using SQL to extract detailed data sets with the ability to understand, present and communicate the results.
- Monitor, analyze and manually track daily customer and vendor files (Claims, PO, Invoice, Price, Member, Provider etc.) as required data.
- Administer daily operations, retrieve inbound and outbound file transactions- both EDI and CSV files.
- Ability to open and review text files and make sense of the layouts.
- Monitor workflow, analyze processes, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Identify, manage, and document requirements for customers/vendors; review and coordinate file layouts, facilitate testing, verify counts, and ensure accuracy.
- Identify and escalate both internal and external customer/vendor issues to the appropriate business partners and drive solutions to resolution.
- Track daily claims processing, analyze gaps and coordinate with vendors to correct discrepancies or missing files.
- Ability to independently research tickets/issues from start to finish, in addition to work on special projects as assigned.
- Coordinate and test implementations with new customers/vendors.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with development team.
- Experience in healthcare industry.- Preferred
- Comfortable working with large raw data files( Csv, Txt , EDI )/data sets is a must (editing, manipulating, searching) - Required
- Ability to write sophisticated SQL queries, procedures, import data sets to database as needed, understand relational database concepts, preferably MS SQL - Required
- Basic EDI knowledge (message types, EDI process, connections types, EDI components) and related master data – Preferred
- Organized with Strong written and Verbal communication skills – Required
- Must be able to multi-task projects and prioritize what needs to get accomplished. - Required
- Familiar and comfortable with Microsoft Azure Storage – Preferred
- Familiar with Jira and Agile Process - Preferred
- Understanding of communication protocols such as HL7, SFTP, FTPS, AS2, etc. - Preferred