Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Analyst
Location: Chandler, AZ
Term: 12 months
- Positions will be involved in reverse engineering a current data warehouse and re-platforming it.
- Documentation of current system to understand current state, recommend optimizations for future state, and documentation of future state.
- Will work with multiple technology teams, business partners, and reporting and analytic teams to meet requirements for future state.
- May also be required to help with validation testing.
- Evaluate moderately complex business problems and provide technical assistance in identifying automated systems and related procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Review and evaluate moderately complex technical business problems that can be resolved through internet or intranet based solutions.
- Present recommendations for resolving business problems.
- Exercise some independent judgment when developing project budgets, project plans, and schedules.
- Provide information about communication between business and technology teams.
- Work with business user groups to provide training, handle questions, observe user needs, and document results.
Positions will be involved in reverse engineering a current data warehouse and re-platforming it. Documentation of current system to understand current state, recommend optimizations for future state, and documentation of future state. Will work with multiple technology teams, business partners, and reporting and analytic teams to meet requirements for future state. May also be required to help with validation testing. And other duties as needed.
Data Governance: Creation and Updating of Data Dictionaries, Data Quality Control Assessments, Data Sharing Agreements, and Data Lineage.
Data Warehouse experience (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata)
Functional knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Visio required
Familiarity with Alteryx, Tableau, OBIEE, Informatica a plus
Ability to show exceptional attention to detail
Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as follow-up and follow-through skills to ensure issues are resolved in a a timely manner.
Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
Understanding of data modeling, data analytics, system design and development lifecycle
Experience with Agile KANBAN and SCRUM teams preferred
And other duties as needed
Prior experience within Financial Services is not required.
Work history should demonstrate the ability to gather requirements, documentation ability to work with various business areas. Should have experience with developing and running SQL queries for Data Checking and validation.
Current environment is Oracle OBIEE and Tableau and SQL for reporting. Expecting to move to Alteryx.
Prior experience and knowledge of Metadata will be helpful.