Grow your career as a Data Analyst with an innovative global bank in New York, NY & Jersey City, NJ. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 3 days per week.
- Responsible for various data activities, which include database administration, data analysis, maintenance, data quality, and database management or database architecture/design engineering.
- Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems.
- Use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts.
- Contribute to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a basic understanding of the specific product or process.
- Accountable for regular reporting or process administration as owner.
- May direct day-to-day work of junior level employees, but will not typically have formal management role.
- Aggregation and documentation of critical data elements including flows for each system tied to an MRIA item or work item within IF (or broader group if shared).
- Help with creation/assessment of BRD’s or any item that may need requirements identified in the coming months.
- Assist in root cause analysis in the event data stewards have a full plate.
- Implement data quality initiatives identifying critical data elements and defining functional business rules for each applicable dimension (completeness, conformity, validity).
- Lead impact analysis process to identify any upstream/downstream data implications.
- Conduct sessions with IT teams, middle and front office staff to accurately capture data requirements.
- Create user stories, business & data flow diagrams, activity/state diagrams, and swim lane diagrams.
- Act as liaison between business stakeholders and development team to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and validate business requirements.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in financial services organizations.
- Working experience in a quantitative field.
- Ability to identify, triage, escalate and remediate data issues.
- Experience in segmentation, modeling, and optimization.
- Experience with Regulatory Reporting.
- Power BI, SAS, SQL, Tableau, Excel Pivot or some sort of analytical tool reporting experience.
- Must have strong Tableau knowledge.
- Data Lineage & Taxonomy exposure or concept knowledge.
- Business and/or Tech specifications experience.
- Prefer financial industry background/experience working at software company.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
MATRIX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.