Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 10 months
- Provide security log management to identify threats that are in-scope for client's environment.
- Implement, manage, and maintain event and log collection, reporting and compliance requirements.
- Review and enhance logging information flow strategies and technical information flow required for log onboarding.
- Support SOC automation initiatives leveraging playbooks, while also using human analysis as needed.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with relevant departments within the client.
What You'll Need:
- Attention to details, fast learner and excellent communication skills.
- Strong OS security administration skills (Windows and Linux).
- Experience in python or other scripting languages.
- Strong Information Security experience in SIEM security logging/monitoring and Security Orchestration (SOAR).
- Proven ability to convey extremely technical concepts to audiences with varying technical prowess.
- Knowledge of industry-standard Information Security frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of network and infrastructure (Networking protocol knowledge is an advantage- TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS,
- firewalls, proxies, IDS, IPS etc.).
- Bachelo'rs degree in information security or related discipline or the equivalent of three to five (3 -5yrs) experience.