Customer Service Specialist II
- Location: Houston, 77010
- Salary: $13-$15/hr
- Job Type:Contract
Posted about 2 months ago
- Pay 13 to 15
- Function: Administrative / Clerical
- Job Ref: 240478
As a member of our Dynamic APS Team, you will play a critical role in helping us supply our products to a global customer base. In this role, you will be responsible for providing an accurate and timely domestic and/or export order fulfillment process for customers. During a typical day, you may receive orders, check product availability, coordinate secure product transportation and delivery, and ensure accurate invoicing. This position reports to the APS Account Specialist Supervisor and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Manage the domestic and/or export order fulfillment process.
· Assure accuracy and timeliness of all fulfillment master data in SAP and extended systems including e-commerce tools.
· Act as the main point of contact with customers for all customer-related issues.
· Maintain effective communication between sales, marketing, operations, and transportation to effectively provide answers to inquiries regarding price, product availability, and transportation requirements, communicate shipping schedules and details to plant/storage location personnel and business management as needed.
· Participate as team member on SAP system improvements and customer fulfillment special projects.
· Operate with a high degree of knowledge regarding customers, products, manufacturing, distribution systems, and industry trends.
· Maintain intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Enterprise system support tools and assists customers/vendors in full utilization of system tools.
· Model strong core competencies with internal and external customers.
· Demonstrate the ability to work well in a team environment.
· A Bachelor's degree is preferred; at least 8 years related experience is required in lieu of a degree.
· Will consider candidates targeted to receive their Bachelor’s degree in May 2023 who do not have at least 8 years of prior experience.
· This position necessitates excellent communication and analytical skills needed to resolve problems and make decisions.
· The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in the order fulfillment process. In addition, the selected candidate must become knowledgeable of company, products, inventory and usage, as well as product end-use markets.
· Knowledge of SAP, order entry systems, export processes, transportation tracking systems, e-commerce systems and an understanding of the manufacturing industry/process is preferred.
· Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software is also preferred.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.