We are seeking an CSR/Inside Sales Representative for a contract to possile perm opportunity. This resource can work in Plainville, CT. Working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. This position is responsible for effectively handling of requests and inquiries from customers and sales force pertaining to orders, quotes, stock availability, shipping specifications, and product information to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handles customer calls regarding orders, returns, requests, quotes, price and availability.
- Processes invoices, enters orders and confirms orders via fax, email or phone.
- Ensures accurate daily shipment processing, product scheduling and shipment confirmations.
- Investigates and responds to customers’ requests concerning stock availability, order expediting, pricing, special items, as well as preferred carriers, special packaging and shipping criteria.
- Establishes and maintains cordial customer relations through telephone contact and email.
- Interacts with various departments such as Supply Chain Planning, Quality Assurance, Distribution, Marketing, and Logistics, to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Communicates leads and sales potential to outside sales force.
- Monitors and researches service level reports (i.e. turn-around time and fill rates).
- Maintains pricing agreements for each customer assigned.
- Uses probing skills to successfully increase order through upsell and quantity breaks opportunities.
- Publishes daily and monthly department reports.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to handle large volume of inbound calls.
- Must have the ability to maintain service levels.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Education & Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree in business or a related curriculum preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years successful customer service experience handling customers’ inquiries, requests, complaints, solving problems and delivering effective solutions preferably in a related industry.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Prior experience using ERP system preferred.
Physical/ Environmental Demands:
- Standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time.
- Use of hands and arms to touch, lift, reach, etc.
- Talking and hearing.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity