Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Corporate Event Planner
Location: CONCORD, CA or Remote possible
Term: 12-24 months
- Participate in planning and executing a variety of programs, services, and initiatives, and monitor key indicators to ensure effective performance and control management of assigned operations or business groups.
- Review basic initiatives including policy or process changes, process improvements, technology enhancements, and conduct regular reviews to identify efficiencies and cost savings opportunities.
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgement while developing an understanding of policies and procedures, best practices, and initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with mid-level managers or cross-functional business partners.
- Provide work direction to less experienced Strategy and Execution staff.
- 4+ years of corporate meeting & event planning experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in a digital or hybrid production and streaming environment.
- 3+ years of experience hosting or leading digital events using various platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams Live Events, Kaltura, Intrado, Webex, Adobe Connect, Blue Jeans or similar streaming/collaboration platforms.
- Experience partnering with AV production companies.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and balance numerous meetings/events simultaneously.
- Advance Microsoft Office Skills.
- Advance knowledge of AV production terms, equipment, and methodologies.
- Advance knowledge of digital streaming terminology, tools, and processes.
- Certification on digital event strategy and execution from the AV or meeting and event professional organization.
- CMP (Certified Meeting Planner) designation.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment.
- Strong operational risk experience including expert analytical, managerial, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage confidential materials in a professional manner.
- A highly collaborative work style with strong ability to influence and build consensus across virtual teams.
- Understands the industry and the internal and external environments in which we operate, having the ability to clearly understand and articulate company/industry issues for a variety of different audiences and channels.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with the continued changes within the businesses and with the tools and platform.
- Ability to identify and provide solutions to problems.
- Have a high level of achievement and effort in all tasks.
- Familiarity working with Cvent and/or other similar event management tools.
- Candidate in hub cities preferred, but those in other locations will be considered based on qualifications.