Position: Contracts Management Associate
Location: San Francisco, CA 94111
Term: 6 Months
- Coordinate and contribute to all stages of contract lifecycle including RFP preparation, contract review, negotiation, maintenance and termination
- Manage contractual and business relationships with vendors
- Develop, structure and negotiate legal and business terms and conditions including price negotiations
- Comfortable advocating on behalf of the business and subject matter experts and negotiating with counsel
- Manage contract terms within contract management platform and report status on an ongoing basis
- Establish and develop close working relationships across lines of business and with technical, audit, compliance, security and legal teams as necessary
- Familiar with key terms and conditions that are common to various types of vendor agreements including but not limited to SaaS, software, hardware, and professional services agreements
- Work in a self-directed, collaborative, and constructive manner with team members, the business unit, and our internal stakeholders
- Understand the requirements of working in a regulated environment and the controls that are necessary to be successful in the financial services industry
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- JD degree and Bar license Relevant experience with a financial institution or corporate environment preferred
- Experience with technology contracts preferred
- Familiarity with contract terminology and negotiations
- High degree of proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other quantitative analysis tools to develop and evaluate performance metrics and produce associated reporting
- Familiarity with Archer or other Enterprise Risk System, specifically the Vendor Management module
- Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build relationships across business and functional lines
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, often with incomplete information and under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent own interests and yet be fair to others; is a team player and encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
About our client:
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.