Position: Configuration Management Analyst
Location: Annapolis, MD
Term: 6 months contract to hire
As a Configuration Management Analyst, you will be responsible for providing Configuration Management support to Surface Transportation at the program, project, system, and subsystem levels. Generate and maintain formal CM Plans and related documentation. Establish and maintain program and project-level configuration management technical data repositories tracking all change requests. Participate in the CM process by maintaining controlled and versioned software and documentation in accordance with the program or project CM plan. Provide process improvement suggestions towards the program or project CM plan.
- Provide Configuration Management support at the program, project, system, and subsystem levels
- Generate and maintain formal CM Plans and related documentation.
- Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented and comply with standard configurations
- Develop and maintain configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost-effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements
- Manage project level access in Jira
- Trains staff in the use of tools and the implementation of quality standards across projects and support areas
- Operates configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control reporting, and auditing.
- Establish and maintain program and project-level configuration management technical data repositories tracking change requests, request for deviations/waivers and other configuration item data.
- Participate in the CM process by maintaining controlled and versioned software and documentation in accordance with the program or project CM plan and Data Management Plan.
- Provide process improvement suggestions towards the program or project CM plan.
- Manages Configuration Items (CIs) across the system lifecycle, ensuring CIs are identified, baselined, maintained, and changes to CIs are controlled
- Ensure formally approved software releases into controlled environments are completed as scheduled
- Maintain a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) capable of holding information on all CIs including attributes and the relationships between CIs
- Maintain the Configuration Management Plan which establishes the framework for identifying, controlling, reporting on, and auditing CIs
- Maintain and update CM policy, plans and procedures through the Configuration Management Plan
- Maintain a configuration media library for hardware and software
- Processing, tracking, updating, maintaining, and closing Change Requests
- Performing audits, assessments and CMDB health checks
- Documenting CM processes and procedures
- Preparing CM metrics related to overall success and effectiveness of the CM program
- Updating/maintaining CM SharePoint sites and document libraries
- Facilitate change management and Change Control Boards, coordinate and conduct or enable builds for test and delivery, and triage Configuration Management pipeline failures.
- Represent Configuration Management in program reviews, presenting relevant data and defending project technical issues
- Planning and prepare Functional Configuration Audits (FCA) and Physical ConfigurationAudits (PCAs)
- Receive and review contractor submitted data deliverables which, include CM Plans (CMP),Audit Plans, and change documentation.
- Facilitate meetings, reviews or associated CM activities
- Release management to ensure that all items are captured in the software development library, baselined and released with all accompanying documentation
- Provide support to Programs/Project kick off and review meeting.
- Evaluate requirements and coordinate the development and implementation of configuration management, data management and electronic data support.
- Responsible for generating program specific configuration management plans that tailor existing procedures for implementation of contractual requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of CM fundamentals such as configuration records, status accounting, as-built records, and change control.
- Must exhibit ethical standards in all aspects of operations including integrity of engineering documentation and in the performance of CM policies, procedures, and methods.
- Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and met, and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
- Experience in Configuration management and configuration control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g., JIRA, GIT, Bitbucket)
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team
- Must be customer focused meeting customer expectations while ensuring compliance to company policies, procedures, and methods.
The candidate must demonstrate:
* The ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly adapt to schedule demands.
* The ability to learn and adapt to new technologies along with attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and writing skills.
* Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Understanding of software development methodology
* Experience using JIRA, GIT or other source control or CM tools
* Experience with requirements traceability and requirements management tools
* Experience performing software testing
* Experience developing user documentation/procedures
* Experience with Windows and/or Unix server administration
* Experience with Virtual Machines
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Pay 68 to 72
- Function: Technical Engineering / Design / Support
- Job Ref: 238433
Position: Configuration Management Analyst
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.