Do you enjoy working on site and are local to Birmingham? If so we have a contract position for a Communications Analysts where the client is moving off Cisco and over to Fortinet. In this role you will provide 2nd layer support as well as working on maintenance and troubleshooting for the communication and telecom systems for all remote locations.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Utilizes network management and performance tools (i.e. NetFlow) to troubleshoot performance and reliability problems.
- Provides second level data communication support & problem resolution.
- Opens and/or updates telco trouble tickets to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Assists and provides backup for Voice Communications Analysts with voice/data integration.
- Evaluates communications related hardware and software.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation, diagrams, and business recovery procedures.
- Deploys communications equipment and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to talk to users in branches to clearly identify problems and resolutions to those problem.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and basic understanding of BGP and EIGRP routing protocols.
- Knowledge of modern routing and switching products – primarily Cisco and Fortinet.
- Ability to troubleshoot WAN and LAN problems.
- T1 support
- Ethernet WAN and LAN
- Broadband Internet (DSL, Cable, Fiber, DIA) installation and troubleshooting
- Strong network management and documentation skills.
- Microsoft Office fluency (Visio, Excel, Word, etc.)
- VoIP – Cisco hard and soft phones.
- Cisco and Meraki Wireless LAN.
- Security – basic Cisco and Fortinet firewalls, NAC, etc.
- Network Management Platforms – Cisco Prime Infrastructure, WLC, NetFlow, PRTG and NetBox
The work environment will be a cubicle. Dress code is business casual with jeans allowed. Parking is free. MATRIX offers a comprehensive benefits package including a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k and free training.