Are you a senior level Cloud Operations Specialist with Windows experitise experienced working in a 24/7 rotational environment? Do you live, eat, and breathe AWS but also have experience within both Iass and Pass environments? Do you also have a love for both on prem and cloud Windows environments? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
TITLE: Cloud Operations Specialist (Windows)
We’re growing our team of technologists to drive innovation to support hundreds of millions of employee interactions per year. We build highly scalable enterprise solutions with leading technologies and are developing a strategic roadmap to continue driving future innovations for web, mobile, and third-party integrations.
Be part of a team that is taking our enterprise solutions to the cloud!
The Cloud Operations Support Analyst is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly and securely. As a Cloud Operations Support Analyst you will work closely with the other members of the broader Cloud Support teams in day to day operational knowledge transfers, maintenance and support.
The role requires you to have hands-on technical OS and cloud experience with a “can-do” approach towards cloud, environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
The Cloud Operations Support Analyst will be engaged in a number of operational activities including continuous health monitoring of the environment, maintain standards and stability across the IaaS/Paas environment, initiate incident management protocol in the event of an issue, implement required changes adhering to change management policies, participate in vulnerability management and remediation and be a key participant in annual disaster recovery test.
The nature of the role as well as the distribution of the team members and shift rotation demands, requires the individual to be a self- starter, focused, motivated and flexible with good communication skills.
- Provide 24x7 support and maintenance of the AWS Iass & Paas environments, providing application stability and resiliency with 99.5% uptime
- Provide L1 AWS Windows support on AWS infrastructure
- Provide support within the various Paas/Iaas components of the cloud frameworks, including OS/network/access, security and storage.
- Participate in Change, Incident and Problem management
- Remediate vulnerabilities and findings
- Manage and adhere to compliance policies
- Assist in AMI maintenance leveraging Terraform and Puppet
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new cloud technologies and translate traditional and other cloud-related experience
- Work with technical and business units across the organization as part of incident and change management
- Ensure regular / recurring tasks and activities are managed efficiently and within defined time constraints.
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 6 years) work experience. If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 10 years work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting cloud Iaas/Paas environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Windows and/or Linux administrator for both on-prem and cloud
- Preferred AWS specialist certification
- Working knowledge of Terraform
- Working knowledge of Puppet
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of AWS cloud framework, including storage (S3/EFS/DFS cluster)
- Basic configuration knowledge of AWS storage offerings
- Working knowledge of NetBackup
- Familiar with cloud security frameworks, compliance requirements and security operations
- Basic knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ISO 22301 standards and controls would be a plus.
- Experience in patch management and AWS Patch Manager
- Basic knowledge on User administration.
- Need to have knowledge on DR activity/Storage migration.
- Monitoring & event management & alert dispatch for PaaS / IaaS
- Incident, Problem, Change, Request for IaaS and/or PaaS
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with Windows Cloud Deployment
- Good communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Work in a 24 x 7 shift support model
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Advanced English oral and written communication skills.
- Confident but reassuring customer-facing style with the ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with customers as well as colleagues.
- Self-motivated learner with drive to investigate problems with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Will be required to work 12 hour shifts (4 days on/4 days off) covering 24x7 eyes on glass monitoring.