Location: Deerfield Beach, Florida
Our client is looking for an Azure Engineer who will be responsible to design, build, implement and deliver scalable Microsoft Azure Cloud solutions. This role will be responsible for designing and optimizing our cloud infrastructure environment and building out automation using Infrastructure as Code techniques.
The dream candidate will have deep experience Azure Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and effectively share platform knowledge with technology teams to design and implement the most optimal Azure-based solutions for our business. They would be passionate about finding quantifiable methods of measuring progress and celebrating the wins with our teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote a culture of sustainable ownership.
- Have a deep knowledge of Azure Platform-as-a-Service
- Ensure appropriate implementation of technology following all standards and best practices set forth by governing bodies
- Assist in developing and managing a Tagging Governance Model and Resource Naming Standard to tag both new and pre-existing cloud resources as we grow
- Share Azure best practices, lessons learned and constantly update technology teammates based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current, and upcoming Azure Cloud capabilities
- Review environment regularly for efficiency and cost optimization
- Conduct research on environmental issues and attend meetings to propose technical solutions
- Provide Azure engineering support to operations and technical development teams
- Perform root cause analysis and provide guidance to technical leadership regarding future issue prevention
- Support and implement the technology roadmap for our cloud platform
- Provide financial cloud consulting to development teams to help shape technical requirements and solutions
- 2 - 5 years of experience with Azure
- Knowledge of cloud architectures and services
- Azure scripting experience – PowerShell, az cli, or API
- You are an experienced technology consultant
- With good communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions
- Understanding of cloud automation and orchestration tools and techniques including git, terraform, Azure DevOps, ARM/Bicep or equivalent
- Knowledge of cloud foundational components such as identity and access management (IAM) software defined networking, security, governance, and compliance
- Desire to learn and be a cloud evangelist
- Agile delivery experience
- Experience in cloud expense management using FinOps disciplines within the AWS / Azure platforms.
- Familiarity with cost structure of AWS and Azure products and services.
- Experience building dashboards with PowerBI.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information System Management, Computer Science, or a relevant business area.
- Experience with cost management tools like Azure Cost Management or AWS Cost Explorer
- Familiarity with Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework or Microsoft Well Architected Framework
- Azure certifications – Azure Admin, Azure Certified Architect, Azure Fundamentals