Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Client Financial Analyst Associate to join their team for a possible contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Client Financial Analyst Associate
Term: 6 Months, Possible Contract to Hire
Location: Remote within 50 miles of Durham, North Carolina
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, math, statistics or economics. Without Bachelors, 3 years of experience in a financial analyst and/or reporting role, Finance or Business to include direct external client contact (1 year of experience in an operations role and/or in applicable functional area required).
- Healthcare Industry experience and/or Insurance Industry experience.
- Experience with Lawson, Workday, Business Objects and/or DashBoard Gear, and/or SASFM.
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. MS Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of Access Database, accounting research tools, Envision Lawson General Ledger, Mobius, Business Objects, MHS, AMISYS and/or SASFM
- Familiarity with corporate policies and departmental procedure.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ability to present ideas professionally and represent business unit or department in various workgroups as a subject matter expert
Responsible for financial reporting, analysis and forecasting including the preparation of financial reports and operating trends as well as research as needed. Research and analysis could include membership as well as financial information. Participate in projects relating to the financial statement preparation and analysis development. Support any implementation of corrective action plans. Develop, utilize, interpret, and/or report corporate financial data as it relates to historical reporting, forecasting and/or estimating the future trends in health care costs.
- Assist in the development, analysis, interpretation, reporting, and/or presentation of monthly, quarterly, and/or annual historical/ and or forecasted financial information.
- Support preparation of financial plans, financial forecasts, profitability impacts & competitive analysis, and various reports to better track profitability
- Support preparation of financial and business related analysis and research.
- Support preparation of budgets for units or departments based on actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports and other factors.
- Support the review expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure conformance to budget.
- Support the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and/or analysis for various audiences such as Senior Leadership Team, Audit Committee, Executive Team, Association, etc. Ensure the reports are accurate. Make presentations to management and business lines.
- Support the monthly variance analysis (at any business/segment or consolidated company level). Provide ongoing support to various business lines.
- Assist in the administration and analysis for new products and corporate projects.
- Support the preparation of various ad-hoc data requests, analysis, reports and special projects as needed.
- Verification of manual adjustments and source of accuracy checks.
- Preparation of any estimates, adjustments and/or journal entries that may be needed for formulas and data required for new or existing business segments.
- Preparation of various internal and external reports, such as membership, commissions, and the impact of large claims on the various lines of business and market segments for use in financial analysis.
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.