Position: Citrix CCMS Tier 3 Security Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Our client, a global telecommunications leader is seeking a Citrix CCMS Tier 3 Security who is able to demonstrate ability to install, manage and maintain Citrix systems to comply with existing security policies in customers environment. Demonstrated experience in supporting Citrix Xenapp. Holding one or more vendor-neutral security certifications (e.g., Security +, CISM, CISSP) is a required for this position. Holding Citrix certifications is strongly preferred.
This position supports a customer out of AUSTIN, TX, and will support the customer’s 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC). This position is in direct support (remote) of our client’s customer. Our client is providing Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) functions related to the Security Operations Center (SOC) including Tier 1 through Tier 3 resource capabilities and activities related to security monitoring, threat, and vulnerability management and incident response (IR). The Citrix deployment will support these capabilities.
Selected candidates must be US Citizens, pass a CJIS background check process, and complete basic safety and security training to meet the customer requirements.
- Reviews device configuration, configuration changes, installs updates to device software (filters, profiles and patches) to ensure completeness and accuracy. Defines repeatable methods for resolving issues-creates new 'known issue' resolutions.
- Contribute as a technical security subject matter expert (SME) for Citrix Xenapp security process and potential other elements related the application environment.
- Sound knowledge of SSL VPN implementation and configuration
- Two factor authentication solutions, core Windows OS, Active Directory, Group Policies, Citrix Policies, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop/EdgeSight/Web Interface/Store Front/Client Plugins/Receiver
- A point of contact for all monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution of various components of the Citrix and application environment
- Monitors device health and performance using pre-set or standard dashboards and reports.
- Creates new dashboards, queries and reports for use by support team and customers.
- Citrix Metaframe, XenApp Server Administration and Management on an enterprise level Experience in managing global enterprise Citrix Environments
- Recommend computing environment vulnerability corrections.
- Provides cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities.
- Ability to work with provided security policies to design and implement network and security rules and configurations across various security platforms.
- Ability to develop changes needed to Firewall and Citrix environment(s) as specified by customers.
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Create and document procedures and work instructions for use by the Security Engineering staff (Tier 2 through Tier 3).
- Train and mentor other engineers as needed.
- Troubleshoots new or unknown issues escalated from Tier1 or Tier2 Engineers, directs Tier1 and or Tier2 to resolve issue.
- Addressed issues requiring escalation to Vendor (e.g., RMA activities) escalate to Tier3. Supervises Tier 1 and Tier2 Engineers.
- Eight (8) years of IT implementation and/or design experience around CITRIX product line. With five (5) years as a part of a Security team.
- Ability to support and work across multiple customer and bespoke systems.
- Must be able to pass a CJIS background check process and other background checks to comply with customers contracts.
- Under limited supervision, engineer and architect solutions using Citrix products to meet security requirements.
- Develops and maintains security design documentation.
- Work with internal delivery teams to integrate Citrix and security policies
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on all project deliverables
- Recommends secure and effective solutions for system/application development in compliance with Information
- Ability to analyze firewall configurations and rule sets.
- Complete basic safety and security training to meet the customer requirements.
- Working knowledge of SIEM integration preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory Domains
- Working Knowledge of various Linux OS
- Strong Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption).
- Ability to interpret the information collected by network tools (e.g. Nslookup, Ping, and Traceroute).
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of encryption algorithms, cryptography, and cryptographic key management concepts.
- Knowledge of host/network access control mechanisms (e.g., access control list, capabilities lists).
- Knowledge of vulnerability information dissemination sources (e.g., alerts, advisories, errata, and bulletins).
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies.
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis methods.
- Knowledge of new and emerging information technology (IT) and cybersecurity technologies.
- Knowledge of how traffic flows across the network (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol [TCP] and Internet Protocol [IP], Open System Interconnection Model [OSI], Information Technology Infrastructure Library, current version [ITIL]).
- Knowledge of key concepts in security management (e.g., Release Management, Patch Management).
- Knowledge of security system design tools, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of what constitutes a network attack and its relationship to both threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture.
- Knowledge of different types of network communication (e.g., LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN, WWAN).
- Knowledge of cyber defense and information security policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge of the common attack vectors on the application layer.
- Knowledge of different classes of attacks (e.g., passive, active, insider, close-in, distribution attacks).
- Knowledge of cyber attackers (e.g., script kiddies, insider threat, nation/non-nation state sponsored).
- Knowledge of system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques.
- Knowledge of cyber-attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools.
- Familiarity with ITSM tool such as ServiceNow
Other Qualifying Attributes
- Selected candidates must be US Citizens.
- The Preferred candidate holding one or more technical certifications will be a plus