Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Change Management Specialist
Location: St. Louis, MO or Charlotte, NC
Term: 12 months
This key role will report to the Head of the Technology Organizational Change Management Office (TOCM) within the Strategy, Governance, and Business Services organization. The TOCM maintains a strong aligned connection into the centralized Enterprise Change Management center of excellence (or hub) supporting change management strategy, methods, and tools. This individual will work as an internal consultant supporting one or more strategic programs, collaborating closely with key program leaders, program sponsors and managers, communications practitioners, and other resources supporting the objectives of the program(s). This resource will also help to drive and support program change management strategies and interventions across Technology in support of the Enterprise Change Management strategy.
The Change Management Specialist must be capable of initiating action, managing significant change metrics and measurement, and partnering effectively with all levels in the organization. The role requires a person that is able to influence, communicate, deliver and drive continuous improvement. It requires someone who, at a time of significant change, will thrive in this environment and position the change team as a critical partner to leadership and large-scale transformations. A key differentiator will be the ability to proactively operate in a complex and evolving environment, while promoting a One mindset.
The position works with in a matrixed organization with other partner disciplines, strategy consultants, HR business partners/leaders, corporate communications, and executive leaders to provide insights and performance indicators of change initiatives. The Change Management Specialist will be charged with helping build out key infrastructure and capabilities within the TOCM Team. This critical role will accelerate the success and effectiveness of an increasingly important discipline.
As a team player, this role plays a key part in delivering the following:
- Change Intake Model and Measurement: process and criteria for receiving, scoring/grading transformational change projects as they enter the system; determine what/how to measure projects, manage and monitor use of 3rd party change vendors
- Portfolio and Resource Management: resource allocation and capacity planning; tracking interventions and volumes; annual planning and prioritization (including caring for 20% new coming in during the year; supporting integration with related processes like Investment Optimization, Human Capital Planning, PMO and budgeting.
- Capability building and collaboration: understand and develop key processes for business facing delivery—examples include pulse surveys to measure change tactics, dashboard for project health, standard risk assessments across change interventions and tactics, ability to measure change saturation, etc.
- Planning and Team Support: coordinate and facilitate planning cycles, create knowledge management system (including building, organizing and maintaining SharePoint sites and long term storage); provide meeting cadences, notes and facilitation for key leadership, sponsor and team meetings; maintain integrated change and communications plan, status reports, etc.; develop and maintain templates, documents and decks.
- Guiding the strategic change programs in the development and execution of change strategies that foster commitment and manage resistance across all key stakeholder groups, prepare leaders to lead change, and prepare the organization to change in a sustainable way.
- Working in partnership with line of business leaders, program lead, assigned project management lead, subject matter experts, and other key stakeholders to develop strategies, plans, and interventions to foster understanding, commitment, and alignment to the goals and objectives of the program. This role will guide change risk assessments, impact analyses, change readiness assessments, stakeholder enrollment strategies, and ensure the appropriate development of an implementation roadmap and successful execution. This role will identify the required contributors and guide the creation of a case for change (why), desired future state/vision (what), primary success outcomes and indicators (how), and guiding principles for execution (how). The scope may span the COO organization and across the Technology organization.
- Advising and coaching key leaders whose role makes them essential to sustainably realizing the expected benefits of the change program.
- Guiding the creation and execution of a commitment strategy that uses all appropriate organization-wide and multi-channel communication options to build commitment and foster change. This may include facilitating message mapping for change communications, guiding the development of enrollment/commitment building campaign plans, supporting the creation of an advocacy strategy, ensuring program branding that supports the change strategy, building out a change communications toolkit, and other communication functions as deemed appropriate to the support of change communication needs (in cooperation with those planning and executing corporate and business communications).
- Partnering with learning and developing professionals to integrate the build and deployment of programs into the broader change strategy, ensuring timing and sequencing in support of the strategy. Staying closely aligned to training professionals to ensure successful delivery and learning, and guiding training intervention measurement activities to ensure that the desired outcomes are demonstrated. We will also look to this role to partner with Learning and Development to plan post training programs to ensure new processes and behaviors can be sustained.
- Develop and meet weekly milestones and risk/issues and report status to leadership, to ensure delivery against planned timeline.
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of the following:
- Project management
- Change management
- Strategic planning
- Prosci or other change management related certification, i.e. CCMP, Express Works, etc. Prosci highly preferred)
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong project management skills
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatves enterprise-wide
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience designing tools and processes to be implemented broadly across the enterprise.
- Organizational skills including the ability to manage enterprise-wide (and transformational line-of-business project) metrics and measurement details concurrently: detailed planning, process management, and documentation
- Experience in articulation of issues, risks and proposed solutions, to various levels of staff and management and ability to explain complex systems and processes to audiences that may not be experts in that field.
- Experience working on cross-functional, large-scale change management and workforce, transformation initiatives, plus ability to influence without direct authority and support virtual team to achieve successful business outcomes
- Experience leading transformational change management initiatives including culture, strategy, structure, people, process, and systems change management. In this role, you will be required to leverage your proven experience in all disciplines
- Strong and proven experience in change communications with the ability to provide immediate support to building walking decks communication strategies and tactical plans, and creating communication channels and, identifying appropriate media strategies, to build commitment across key stakeholder groups.
- Experience developing business leaders as change leaders; experience developing change capabilities of program team members and operations leaders in support of major change initiatives
- Strong, fluent, relationship builder, with flexible approach, experience leading teams and executives through complex, change management experiences
- Ability to travel up to 10%