Title: Buyer III
Term: 9 Months
Location: Lenexa, KS
Long term contract opportunity in Lenexa, KS for a Buyer.
- Purchase components and commodities for production.
- Manage assigned product lines and suppliers.
- Status purchase orders.
- Align supplier schedules with production schedules.
- Obtain schedule and delivery confirmations from suppliers.
- Establish and maintain order policies and lead times for responsible product lines.
- Anticipate and communicate delivery delays from suppliers.
- Manage part shortages and expedite.
- Manage purchase order exception messages.
- Resolve receipt and invoice discrepancies.
- Monitor supplier delivery and quality performance.
- Support strategic supply chain projects in support of site and/or enterprise goals.
- Develop supplier capabilities to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Evaluate and analyze supplier quotations and services to determine most desirable supplier.
- Interface with Engineering in support of design changes, new product introduction, make or buy decisions and participate in the development of specific commodity strategy roadmap, problem resolution and process improvement.
- Support pre-production purchasing activities and facilitate the transition of commodity purchasing from development group to production group.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Adhere to all Collins Aerospace rules and codes of conduct.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BA/BS degree w/2–7+ years of buying experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Macola experience a +.
- Experience must be in a manufacturing environment working with direct production materials.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, blueprints or drawings.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Familiar with AS9100 and ISO requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work effectively with all levels of customers and company personnel.
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.