Work for One of Fortune Magazines Most Admired Companies
This position supports Enterprise project execution by procuring required materials and equipment efficiently and effectively in accordance with all applicable Enterprise policies and procedures.
- Negotiate commercial aspects of contracts of materials, services and bulk commodities for local or regional locations.
- Placing orders for all material, services and bulk commodities.
- Entering requisitions in SAP for all items to be purchased.
- Substituting lower cost, safe, quality material, services, and bulk commodities.
- Controlling purchase order budgets by contractor.
- Reviewing proposals and selecting vendor to provide material, services, and bulk commodities.
- Auditing contractors and subcontractors purchasing documentation.
- Maintaining and updating off-site library repositories as required by agencies.
- Assuring all change orders are properly documented and processed.
- Material Management SAP Functionality.
- Coordinates dispositioning of surplus and salvage through investment recovery across multiple projects to reduce costs.
- Standardize tools, equipment, and supplies as required across several projects to reduce cost.
- Coordination of construction contractor materials and supplies.
- Expediting material, services, and bulk commodities.
- Support CPI initiatives and utilize Procurement Card Program.
- Purchases volume of $10 - $30 million.
- Knowledge in multi-discipline vendor accounting and manufacturing industries with specific expertise in procurement and auditing.
- Must be able to demonstrate good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access), Windows, SAP and Primavera.
- Must be able to demonstrate good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimum 5-9 years professional experience in procurement, material control, contract auditing in refining and/or petrochemical industry with demonstrated knowledge in all areas.
- BS in technical area of specialization or business administration with knowledge of processes relating to purchasing and material management.