Position: Business Intelligence Analyst (SAP Business Objects and Power BI)
Location: Remote in US
Term: 5 Months Contract to Hire
Under general direction of the Manager Business Intelligence, the Business Systems Analyst (SAP Business Objects and Power BI) is part of a team responsible for supporting internal/external reporting, ad-hoc reporting, and on-demand analytics for the organization. This individual will participate in the planning, design, development, and implementation of solutions to address ongoing business reporting opportunities and needs.
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards that will support our analytical and business needs
- Review functional requirements for different products, including development, enhancement, test, and production for various Business Intelligence applications such as Power BI, Business Objects and/or Qlik.
- Apply relational and multidimensional modeling techniques such as star schema and snowflake schema, fact and dimensional tables in a database with data mapping and architecture integration with Power BI and business intelligence (BI) tools
- Work extensively in both ad-hoc and standard reporting packages and create reports and dashboards that are scalable with large volumes of data.
- Bring customer-centric focus to the Reporting & Analytics platform by building reports and dashboards using Tableau. Ensure the reports and dashboards meet the customer's needs
- Support data driven initiatives by developing complex sql scripts to process and retrieve the data from data warehouse
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Create conceptual and technical BI reporting documents
- Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelors degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. Experience with Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Alteryx and database skills preferred.
- Strong SQL skills with at least five years of experience.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience developing reporting product/solutions using Business Object 4.0+
- 2+ years of experience building visually appealing reports in Power BI or other BI reporting tool.
- 5+ years of strong SQL experience and the ability to write complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of optimizing and performance tuning the MS SQL and reports.
- Knowledge of relational/dimensional database design and experience in building reporting data marts.
- Ability to translate the business requirements into scalable technical requirements.
- Critical thinking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to use good judgment in conveying project status and problem escalation
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail