Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Business Data Analyst
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 9 months
- Organize and lead companywide initiatives to ensure that data quality is maintained so that data can effectively support business processes.
- Oversee analysis and reporting in support of regulatory requirements. Identify and recommend analysis of data quality or integrity issues.
- Evaluate data quality metrics and data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality.
- Adhere to data governance standards and procedures.
- Identify new data sources and develop recommendations for assessing the quality of new data.
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members.
- Recommend remediation of process or control gaps that align to management strategy.
- Serve as relationship manager for a line of business.
- Consult with and provide recommendations to senior management regarding assessments of the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility.
- Represent client in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies.
- Partner with groups and various levels of seniority companywide to coordinate and drive collaboration on solution design and remediation execution.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of strong Business Analysis/ Data Analysis experience. Must have prior financial experience worked previously within the client or other banks.
- 3+ years of Data Analysis/ Mapping, Data Lineage, Data Governance, Data Quality experience. Ideally a candidate who has worked in a Data organization.
- Experience writing SQL queries, and working on Data warehouses, Data Lake or Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata.
- 3+ years of Commercial Lending banking experience, in particular collateral, various loans originations/ booking systems, data, products, processes within this space, various loan products (indicative + financials + reference data) and understanding of the loan life cycle.
- Excellent knowledge/ understanding of Commercial Lending systems/ data architecture concepts.
- Design and conduct complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality or integrity issues and to identify and remediate process or control gaps.
- Prior experience with Loan Accounting SORs such as LoanIQ, AFS, Strategy or data provisioning APPs/ reporting platforms such as iHub, WCDIR, TPD, CAR, eONE etc. preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of compiling and preparing executive summaries, whitepaper, and presentations for management/senior leaders.
- Ability to translate and present complex data in a manner that educates, enhances understanding, and influence decisions.
- Ability to synthesize data to form a story and align information to contrast or compare to industry perspective and historical business trends.
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders.
- Knowledge, understanding and creation of data visualization.
- 5+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.