Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Business Data Analyst
Location: Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN; Chandler, AZ
Term: 12 months+
- Create technical specifications and business documentation for reports that have been deconstructed in SQL.
- Comb through SAS/ SQL code to derive data elements, calculations within data, what time frame that data covers, then determine how it should be presented
- Partner with Analytics Consultants to ensure proper documentation and business requirement standards are meta clean so as to ensure a clean handoff enabling the reports to be reconstructed in SAS
- Lead cross functional teams to strategize, plan, and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives.
- Drive accountability for assigned initiatives, limit risk exposure, and create efficiencies as appropriate.
- Review strategic approaches and effectiveness of support function and business performance.
- Perform assessments through fact finding and data requiring creative approaches to solving complex issues, and develop appropriate solutions or recommendations.
- Make decisions in highly complex and multifaceted situations requiring solid understanding of business group's functional area or products, facilitate decision making and issue resolution, and support implementation of developed solutions and plans.
- Collaborate and consult with members of the Business Execution team and team leaders to drive strategic initiatives.
- Influence, guide and lead less experienced Strategy and Execution staff within the group.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must be able to read SAS and/or SQL Code then gather business requirements from that code
- Experience writing business requirements and documentation (I.E. capturing data elements, calculations within that data, how that data should be presented, what time frame that data covers)
- Knowledge of technical specifications – with a data focus
- SAS user experience
- MS office apps (excel, word ppt, (SharePoint- nice to have)
- 6- 8 years of experience researching, developing, writing, and editing operational procedures and documents
- Direct experience working with data sources
- 5+ years of Management Consulting, Strategy Consulting, or Business Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.