The Business Continuity Analyst is responsible to ensure an effective enterprise Business Continuity Management (BCM) governance framework that is consistent with industry best practices/standards is developed, maintained and adhered to across the Enterprise. This position will interface with the various IT and Business Product teams to assist them with adhering to the governance framework enabling them to successfully Identify, document and test business needs against the Company infrastructure and identify recovery strategies and gaps.
The primary goal is to ensure that the company is appropriately prepared for and can respond to unexpected disruptions to normal activities and that the framework is able to successfully complete our annual audits.
- Work with all functional business areas to develop and maintain a corporate wide BCP program
- Liaise with IT and Business Product Teams to develop effective working relationships and documented BCP plans
- Liaise with key infrastructure teams to identify gaps, set recovery time objectives and convey
- business needs/expectations.
- Hold business plans and tests to Enterprise BCP goals and challenge business leaders on identification of critical functions and needs.
- Design and outline BCP goals, objectives and scope for business plans and Crisis Management
- Part of a team of BCM-risk management professionals who work with teams in all lines of business to coordinate business continuity governance activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the enterprise-wide business continuity management program including: development of tools and instructional guides for both business
- Continuity planning and event management, development and facilitation of enterprise wide event exercises, relationship management with external vendors, development of corporate policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining program processes and practices which effectively ensure that the enterprise program remains current and incorporates/aligns with industry standards and practices as appropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
- Supports and/or leads processes that support BCM CSA governance requirements as part of the enterprise operational risk framework (as assigned).
- In a relationship management capacity, provides guidance and direction to IT and Business Product Teams to ensure their business continuity management processes are in accordance with the company's enterprise wide business continuity management program and quality standards.
- Ensures appropriate integration of requirements and information obtained from various sources; including external Auditors.
- Participates as independent business continuity professional in support of various other initiatives to achieve the risk management objectives of the company.
- Subject matter expert for business continuity management.
- Participates in external business continuity management organizations and keep abreast of industry best practices and trends.
- Plan and conduct product owner training to ensure that all teams can successfully follow the governance framework.
- Help to identify and recommend opportunities in which to increase the Availability and Resiliency of the company's applications and systems.
- Business Continuity Management practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of international BCM standards promoted by BCI and DR. and ISO
- A strong understanding of Operational risk and resilience, Business Process improvement methods as well as risk related control frameworks and practices (COCO, COSO, ISO,
- ITIL, CMM, COBIT, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of IT and Operations Audit methodology
- Solid understanding of the Operational Risk Management methodology
- 5 to 7 years breadth of exposure to operations production and technology environment and/or various LOB environments within the Business Continuity Management industry.
- Reasonable depth of exposure/understanding of Business Continuity Management processes and best practices.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
- Highly developed relationship management, influencing and leadership skills.
Expected educational background for this position would include:
- Minimum: Post-Secondary Degree
- Expected: Industry certification in one or more of the following: BCI, PMI, CCSA, CISA, CA, CCSP, ISC, ITIL, etc.
- Preferred in addition to the above: MBA or CA, CMA with operational experience preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends during a crisis event
- Ability to travel – 20%
- Normal working conditions with regular hours
- Stress levels are moderate to high