Position: Business Analyst - Data Governance
Location: Remote in US
Term: 6 Months Contract to Hire
Under the general direction of the Data Governance Manager, will perform business process analysis and design to understand the data requirements for sGPOs business processes. Support Product & Analytics teams in implementing data policies, standards, and methods that drive the quality characteristics of data.
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of governance programs and processes.
- Assist in data governance tool implementation supporting data provisioning, metadata management, business glossary and data quality functions.
- Leverage agile development methodology and principles of product ownership to support master and reference data management.
- Serve as SME for master and reference data
- Facilitates current /future state analysis and/or participate in workshops and seminars on data methods, standards, and quality.
- Conduct data studies and perform business process analysis.
- Design and prepare standard and ad hoc reports and summaries for statistical analysis and planning purposes.
- Document procedures for future reference and may make recommendations for data analysis process improvements.
- Documents data standards, rules, process flows, and valid values for master data fields
- Collaborate with the Data Quality Analysts in suggesting where data or process quality metrics are needed
- Bachelor's Degree required, 3 to 5 years business process design and development
- Industry experience in healthcare, life sciences and/or financial services preferred
- Knowledge or experience in documenting business requirement, business process modeling.
- Knowledge or experience in data governance tools such as Alation, Informaticas suite of tools (Axon, IDQ and EDC), etc.
- Prior experience with business process modeling tools desired: Visio, etc.
- Basic understanding of the elements of data models, data integrity and data analysis techniques.
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately under pressure to work in a safe and effective manner and to handle different issues and priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in agile delivery and/or product ownership
- Experience in master data management
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- High energy with a positive outlook and experience as a change agent
- Self-starter/motivator, goal oriented
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong knowledge of computers to operate effectively with PowerPoint presentations, Microsoft Project, Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook