Position: Business Analyst
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
Our Client is looking for a Business Analyst for their team.
This position provides hybrid/flexible work arrangements.
• Prior experience working as a BA in Agile delivery team is required. Building User Stories according to the requirements and making sure that they meet the acceptance criteria.
• Organizing the Product Backlog based on the prioritization provided by the Product Owner.
• Serve as a business advisor whose primary role is to support the Product Owner by analyzing, facilitating dialogue, and getting the correct information to the product owner.
• The analyst provides customers with a high quality and consistent level of proactive and professional IT service, in an effort to maintain, enhance and implement technology solutions that enable business processes and operations.
• The analyst will work to create and maintain positive customer relationships that bolster open communication, reliability, trust, and
• Accountable for managing and delivering support requests, enhancements and projects for assigned Business Unit / Products. This includes the planning, troubleshooting, facilitation of problem solving, and communicating of a variety of requests, incidents, and problems independently within multiple areas.
• Collaborate with external and internal customers and vendors to analyze business needs and work with teams on solutions.
• Cross-training to learn applications across the assigned Business Unit application portfolio.
• Learn the processes and tools needed to perform the role effectively.
• Serve as the conduit between the business partners and the technical team through triage, research, requirements, testing, and support.
• Collaborate with technology teams, business teams, vendors and subject matter experts to perform daily activities.
• Lead in identifying the business impact of system issues and facilitate communication as appropriate to stakeholders.
• Lead assigned initiatives. Communicate status, issues or risks to management and stakeholders.
• Perform on-call responsibilities including nights, holidays and weekends.
• Elicit, understand, interpret and represent functional and nonfunctional requirements to include business and stakeholder requirements, data and information requirements, data
integration, metadata, data quality, service levels and performance.
• Plan and facilitate requirement gathering workshops using a variety of techniques such as Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, interviewing, brainstorming, job shadowing,
• Document business, system processes and requirements when applicable.
• Engage and communicate with senior management as appropriate.
• Elicitation, organization, translation, analysis and prioritization of both technical and business level functional requirements
• User story creation and backlog grooming in partnership with product owner.
• Creation and facilitation of testing strategy, test plans and test scripts.
• Bachelor's degree in IT or related field
• At least five years of work experience as a business analyst
• Prior experience in Agile environment is highly desired
• Knowledge of SQL is a plus
• CBAP certification is a plus
• Must possess well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity to interpret complex concepts and information
• Must possess a passion for delivering excellent customer service
• Ability to adjust approach to meet all types of customer communication styles, preferences, and management levels
• Proficiency in translating technical verbiage and complex processes into business friendly terms
• Must possess exceptional and clear interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
• Must be a self-starter and be highly flexible and adaptable
• Must be highly organized and have excellent follow-up skills