Grow your career as a Bilingual Network Analyst with an innovative global bank in Irving, TX. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week.
- Provide Tier I Technical Support for the company’s global technology infrastructure.
- Resolve simple, automated and scripted incidents.
- Execute or implement simple, automated and scripted changes or infrastructure requests.
- Provide timely response to phone calls into the Command Center Technical Support hotline from internal colleagues, business clients, vendors, and technology teams.
- Troubleshoot and provide client support for technology and infrastructure issues.
- Recognize severe events as they occur and engage Command Center Management immediately upon awareness of severe technology degradation.
- Document and update incident technical details into ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Escalate issues to Tier II support if unable to resolve through initial triage and troubleshooting that are within the Command Center operating procedures.
- Communicate with Command Center Management to provide frequent status updates regarding technical issues and status of the remediation efforts.
- Execution of standard operational processes which involve technology and client interfaces.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware related issues across Cisco, Nexus, Arista, and Juniper devices.
- Perform hardware replacements for non-critical environments.
- Troubleshoot software or configuration related issues for Cisco, Nexus, Arista, and Juniper devices.
- Adhere to operating procedures and identify any breaches of the process in normal handling of incident tickets.
- Execute network failovers for all routing protocols, especially BGP, OSP, and EIGRP.
- Identify and remediate possible major impacting events within the network.
- Work with vendors across the technology to provide the highest possible uptime rate of network services.
- Quickly identify the layer 1 and 2 connections to an IP address.
- Perform all triage functions.
- 1-2 years of hands on enterprise network operations support experience.
- 1+ year of CCNA level knowledge and experience.
- Must be bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Intermediate understanding of OSI model and troubleshooting of technology related issues.
- Intermediate understanding of network protocols: OSPF EIGRP BGP MPLS RSTP STP HSRP VRRP VRF VTP DHCP DNS CDP LLDP ARP FTP TFTP.
- Intermediate familiarity with Cisco IOS and Nexus NX-OS.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software or configuration related issues across Cisco, Nexus, Arista, and Juniper devices
- Able to execute network failovers for all routing protocols, especially BGP, OSP, and EIGRP
- Able to identify and remediate possible major impacting events within the network
- Experience working with vendors across the technology to provide the highest possible uptime rate of network services
- Able to quickly identify the layer 1 and 2 connections to an IP address
- Able to work well in a fast paced environment and be comfortable in stressful situations
About our client
Our client stands as one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.